Why does he say he likes me, then say he doesn't want to be in a relationship?

lost77

I need some advice. So this guy that I recently met have been texting the entire weekend, like he would text me in the morning and our conversations would last all day. I had told him I thought he was hot and then he later told me that he was starting to like me. He was flirting with me the whole weekend (and i was too) and saying how he wanted to cuddle and etc and how much he enjoyed talking to me. He also kept asking me what i liked about him.

Today him and i hung out and i thought it felt a little awkward, but he later texted me how he enjoyed hanging out and started asking me what i like about him. after telling him, i asked him what he liked about me in the same format that he had been asking me. He gives me some compliments, but then says he's not looking for a relationship. confused and a little hurt, it asked him why he had been flirting so heavily with me. He said it was because he was going to basic training after high school in 6 months and wants to be single and that he's not very good with relationships.

please help me out! i dont know what to do or how to respond to this

He was enjoying the attention and flirtatiousness, but at least had the decency to be honest with you before you got reeled in. If he'd been a player, he'd have taken it a lot farther before he gave you that line.

Relationships seldom develop when they start out as fast and furious as it sounds like this flirtation did. Beware when a guy is begging for compliments. He needed a boost for his ego and you readily gave it to him.

Consider this a lesson learned. Don't make assumptions about where a guy is going after a couple days, regardless of how much texting you do or how much you think you click. Try taking it slow and giving it time to get to know one another bit by bit.

the problem is it that I never really developed that burning desire or feelings for him since it happened so fast, but i enjoyed the attention and figured the feeling would come in time. Plus flirting is always fun. is there still a chance that we could be friends? or has that past?

• 1 month later...
He was enjoying the attention and flirtatiousness, but at least had the decency to be honest with you before you got reeled in. If he'd been a player, he'd have taken it a lot farther before he gave you that line.

I disagree. Players all have different games, and some guys use the 'trying to be honest with you. I don't want a relationship but I still like you" to get you to feel BAD for them that they are bad with relationships, and you're someone they can be open with.

Yes, like all other posters, I agree that this is a guy who wants to have sex with you with no strings attached before going away. Unless this is what you want, don't do it. And yes, you can be friends with him if you want, though he sounds shady to me.

Archived