Work w the ex and his new girl.What should I do??

tikster

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I have last updated you with my situation. To sum it up I guess: dated 2months, we ended things mutually (at least I thought we did ) because he thought he was moving. He ended up not moving away but instead of working on us, he is now dating another co-worker after telling me he didn't want a relationship because he was going to be bogged down w. medic school. Safe to say I was UPSET. I sent him an "ah-ha" I know about your new rel after you lied to me and then two weeks later apologized and wished him the best.

I was able to switch my work site for the two months since, but my new schedule shows that I will be at the old work site with he and his new girl next month.

I don't know what to do. I have been feeling upset but moving on because i didn't have to see him, but now that I know I will, I am feeling anxious and almost feel like I need to clear the air with him before I go to that work site but I know I should keep no contact. It's a very open layout at work so it's not like I can avoid him or her and I am still sad about it. Should I try to send an email or just go on ignoring things?I don't like how it has affected my work environment. I feel like I can't be myself there because of him now which is why I'm wondering if I should try something

Keep up the no contact - and when you move back, keep to minimal contact. A nod as you pass if he waves, or just focus on the work and make him part of the scenery.

Picture one of those ever present office ficus plants in his place whenever he's in your area. If you know other co-workers there, make a point of turning to say hello to them to keep yourself from looking at him.

You still have a bit of time - and don't spend it worrying about him. I know, not easy - but think about positive things about your old job site - friends, places in reach to lunch, familiar desk, ANYTHING.

• 2 weeks later...

So I did a week at the job. He wasn't there but the girl was and of course within the two months they've been together, he took her on vacation out of state and she was bragging about it I also had a couple of coworkers come up to me and tell me that they heard that I wasn't working there for a while because of him. I asked one of them and she told me that the ex told her. I am sincerely peeved. He is not even good friends with these people. Am I wrong to be upset that he's airing our dirty laundry to strangers?? I am so close to confronting him about it. He is trying to humiliate me or something. I haven't said a word about what happened to our coworkers but he couldn't give me any of the respect I deserve?

Archived