He's ignoring my texts and being rude

Blondiegirl

My relationship with my BF is on/off and lately it's been back on at least for a month now. I normally don't hound him everyday I give him plenty of space. Anyways I haven't heard anything from him since Sunday so I texted him this morning and I know he isn't at school or work today so he can certainly answer his texts. My first text was kinda frisky saying I am so horny today ( that usually gets him) No word...... So I wait awhile and say what not feeling frisky today are we?? Nothing...... So I wait a few hrs honestly at this point I am getting worried because he is usually so responsive when it comes to sex and what man doesn't turn down sex?? I said are you flat out ignoring me or did you get into an accident?? I just want to make sure everything is fine. Again no answer........... I am getting annoyed and worried at the same time. I let time tick away giving him several hrs and by now he should of been respectful and said sorry I was busy or something. I texted him one more time before I headed to work and said hey going to work just making sure you are okay sorry to bother you but I just have to make sure you are okay before I leave for work. I go to work and take my break and I prayed I hear something from him and again nothing. Shouldn't a person be respectful and at least acknowledge you??

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STOP TEXTING!

Do you send texts saying you're horny just to get a response from him or do you genuinely mean that?? It could be that he's aware of this if you made it into a pattern.

Since you mentioned your relationship with him is on and off I'm not too surprised by this. It could be a number of reasons he's not responding. His phone could be off, it could be on vibrate and/or he just wants to be left alone. Whether he is genuinely busy or just doesn't want to be bothered the ball is definitely in his court. Excessive texting is not going to make him respond any faster. If anything, it will push him further away.

I personally think calling is much easier, but I wouldn't call as you have tried contacting him enough already. Just ry to relax and not think the worse. Keep yourself busy with other things and people.

I do not know. I mean he can be a wanker sometimes but normally he gets annoyed and tells me to bug off if I keep hounding him. He would say yes I am fine just tired or I am not in the mood to talk leave me alone. He just flat out ignored every one of my texts. I am pretty annoyed right now so I am not calling him or texting him anymore today. I just hope he isn't ignoring me because he's mad at me or something or ignoring me because he wants to break up with me which would be silly because Sunday he seemed fine but things change I suppose. I will give him a few days and then say is something wrong?? I give him plenty of space and I don't text him over and over but since he's been MIA since Sunday I thought i'd see what's up and when he didn't text me right back which he normally does I got worried yes I shouldn't of sent 4 messages ( at least they were spaced apart) I do worry about people and when they don't text back I get worried. I would do that with my mates too.

I do not know. I mean he can be a wanker sometimes but normally he gets annoyed and tells me to bug off if I keep hounding him. He would say yes I am fine just tired or I am not in the mood to talk leave me alone. He just flat out ignored every one of my texts. I am pretty annoyed right now so I am not calling him or texting him anymore today. I just hope he isn't ignoring me because he's mad at me or something or ignoring me because he wants to break up with me which would be silly because Sunday he seemed fine but things change I suppose. I will give him a few days and then say is something wrong??

Well, it seems he just doesn't want to be bothered and with him just not responding is his way of saying, "seriously, I just don't want to be bothered right now". I wouldn't initiate contact from this point. if/wehn he wants to contact, he will. Next time I'd just call though.

Are you sure you want to be in a relationship with this many changes in mood/behaviour and makeups/breakups? It seems very unhealthy for the both of you.

True but a simple leave me alone would of been nice. I know ignoring me probably wasn't his smartest move but usually when I pester him enough he will say yes I am fine stop worrying or do you have a problem?? He normally doesn't flat out ignore me which worries me a bit. I give him plenty of space and in fact I rarely text him and like I said he's been MIA since Sunday I got worried but whatever he is ignoring me.

If I needed some space and my girlfriend texted me about how horney she was I'd find that to be a major turnoff, sort of like she's trying to bait me like a fish and she's worth nothing more than an easy meaningless sex act.

That's sort of the point I made with my first response. I was thinking that he was aware of those sort of texts and what the intention was behind it and found it annoying and just flat out ignored all subsequent texts.

I rarely see him to be quite honest. I hadn't seen him in over a month and I finally saw him Sunday. He likes talking about sex so me saying I am feeling frisky is a major turn on for him. He goes in spurts one minute he cannot wait to see me the next he doesn't but he still manages to text back and forth occasionally except for today which shocked me. He brings up sex all the time I don't. I just happened to bring it up today because I know sex talk gets him going and no we aren't FWB we haven't had that in over a month. When he came over Sunday we just went out for drinks.

Do you have him on Facebook? Do you have his house number? I would give it a few days and if you're genuinely worried that something may have happened, I would use one of those options. Or give it a few days and try his cell - if it goes straight to voicemail, you know it's either not on so he may have lost it, lost his charger, or in a worse-case scenario, something may have happened and you can start worrying. On the other hand, if it rings once or twice and then goes to voicemail, you know for sure you're being ignored. I used to go through this with my boyfriend all the time when he was struggling with depression - one time he genuinely lost his phone, but mostly he was just avoiding me because he knew he had done something to piss me off so he'd just disappear for a few days and by the time I heard from him again I was just relieved he was ok instead of angry at the original issue. Clever guy.

To be quite honest I had given up all hope on him but then he reeled me back in Sunday saying how much he wanted to see me and we had fun ( not sexually) we just had drinks and chatted. Days went by and hadn't heard anything and texted him and he ignores me. It's like one minute he can be a total sweetheart the next he can be a wanker. Sunday he even told me we will have a weekend getaway soon I promise.

I would hope his cousin would since she is on my facebook or at least post Josh has been in a accident on her status update. I am guessing he is alright since his cousin hasn't posted anything ( They are close) I guess he's just ignoring me or his phone got shut off. I am leaning towards ignoring me and for whatever reason who knows.

Is he bipolar? Pleaseeeee This is plain disrepect. Bi-poplar does not make you physically unable to answer your phone.

Honey, I think I have the answer to this mystery, this puzzling conundrum.

............................................................... He's just not that into you

He doesn't show up for a month. He rings when it suits him. He happens to be in a good mood so drinks go nicely. He then disappears. Poowf. Does this sound like a man in the throes of passionate love. Men do not need to be lured in by offers SEX. It is not the quickest way to their hearts, but the fastest route to disrespect. Don't do it. You are better than that, Sweetie. Way better!

Stop the rot. He behaves disrespectfully and instead of bawling him out, you offer him sex. Good rewards for bad behaviour. He responds to the cues that you have given him. You have specifically trained him to behave badly. Why? I don't know. Yet you consistently indicate his appalling behaviour is not only acceptable, it is worthy of sex.

This arrangement does not constitute a relationship. I think in your heart of hearts you know that, but you love him and you are using it as an excuse to put up with unacceptable behaviour. Do not let this creep dump you. Give him his marching orders. Get back your dignity. Put the boot in and march out of that door, head held high and self-respect intact.

He's playing by your rules. What are you planning to do about it?

Deci

Interesting.

Knowing that, it could be possible he's going through an episode right now and is in his own world and it may have absolutely nothing to do with you. It would've been wise of him to stay on his meds. Mental illnesses can't be "cured', but the medication is supposed to treat his condition and regulate his mind to so he can have somewhat a normal life.

It sucks because all you can do is wait for him to get back to you (assuming there's no possibility of going to see him).

Archived