Anybody have ''exercise helped'' stories ?

fortune

Was hoping for motivation.

Have been going to the gym almost every other day for three weeks. BU was 3 months ago.

So far I have noticed that it is less time spent thinking about him. Also it gets me through the rough just after work dinner period.

It gives me some mental peace for about an hour or two afterwards.

I have finally started listening to music again.

Does it speed up the feeling better process ?

Do you sleep better ?

Yep! 10 out of 10 people agree with this one. Always helps to take your mind out of the obsessions. It forces you to take it off while you are doing it and it helps to balance the chemicals in the body to help you feel better later. Not to mention you come out of it with a body you like! Does nothing but good. Go to a website and find a good workout program and stick with it for a while. You wont regret it. Who knows, some hunk at the gym could be winking at you!

YES!!!!! 2.5 mths post BU now, it started by not eating, but then i started running, stopped drinking sugar drink all together, guzzling a gallon of water a day, eating way better, going to the gym 5-6 days a week now for roughly 6 weeks. i have lost 30 lbs so far. it def helps while im there, but when i get back home sometimes the dread comes back (like today). as far as sleep, i cant say i sleep better, my sleep patterns have been messed up even before. i actually have more energy now as well, like its 1245 am right now, i ran 2 miles today, and i feel like i could do 2 more now.

Exercise is helping me in both the physical aspect and mental aspect. I always used to go to the gym however I stopped that once I met my ex, also a scary part of this is my Mum and Dad both know how happy I am now because they hear me singing to songs I love on youtube. I can't even remember the last time I properly bellowed out any lyrics to songs on youtube. Hitting the gym definitely makes a difference, already I'm losing weight and looking more slimmer in my clothes but keep at it. It gives me about roughly 1 hour a day to clear my head of all thoughts and focus on myself, the way it should be done.

I am a bit stuck as my ex used to work at my gym, and we went there 5 times a week. Exercise was a big deal and now I want to cry just walking into the gym... I haven't stepped foot into the one we frequented mostly as it is just to hard Any tips on getting around this? Even my running track brings back memories as we used it a lot... It sucks that he was so much a part of my exercise regime... Makes it very hard, in fact I am prob one of few dumpees who has gotten less fit and healthy due to the BU.

I am a bit stuck as my ex used to work at my gym, and we went there 5 times a week. Exercise was a big deal and now I want to cry just walking into the gym... I haven't stepped foot into the one we frequented mostly as it is just to hard Any tips on getting around this? Even my running track brings back memories as we used it a lot... It sucks that he was so much a part of my exercise regime... Makes it very hard, in fact I am prob one of few dumpees who has gotten less fit and healthy due to the BU.

im sorry to hear that, maybe after you get thru this youll be able to get back on track? im def not thru my BU yet, as i shed tears twice yesterday for about a min a piece.

I'm sorry, I too associate exercise with the ex. In fact, my expensive running shoes are still at his house and could do with those back so I can throw myself back into it, and this will help me give up the cigarettes again (I quit smoking 8 weeks before we split and have gone straight back onto them, gah!).

I'm sorry, I too associate exercise with the ex. In fact, my expensive running shoes are still at his house and could do with those back so I can throw myself back into it, and this will help me give up the cigarettes again (I quit smoking 8 weeks before we split and have gone straight back onto them, gah!).

i cant quite give up smokes either. i light up as soon as i leave the gym.

THAT'S TERRIBLE AND UNFAIR !

Can you try an athletic class somewhere else ? Something you never did with him ? Karate. zumba, I am sure there is something...

Hey lovelife, maybe Zumba is a go? Ive never tried it so could be a good idea. It IS getting better with time. Hopefully soon I do not associate him and exercise together. What is even more frustrating is that he doesn't seem to have a problem at all. He quit the gym, joined a new one, found new gym mates, entered the marathon, all whilst I was struggling to even walk into the gym!

THAT'S TERRIBLE AND UNFAIR !

Can you try an athletic class somewhere else ? Something you never did with him ? Karate. zumba, I am sure there is something...

this is horrible excuses. i dont know where you live but in my town of 40k people there are 3-4 gyms. and also you dont need a gym to exercise. people give away weight benches when they move (i have 2 in my basement) and sidewalks are free.

this is horrible excuses. i dont know where you live but in my town of 40k people there are 3-4 gyms. and also you dont need a gym to exercise. people give away weight benches when they move (i have 2 in my basement) and sidewalks are free.

Excuses ?

LN1987 was asking for suggestions as it is hard for her to go back to the gym which I feel is understandable under the circumstances at this time.

I offered some, as you did.

Hey, LN1987. It is hard to be in a place where bad memories linger, no matter what you do. Yet as the old saying goes:

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I kind of agree with punk76. You let your anxieties overwhelm you. Whether you know it or not, you were subconsciously making an excuse ("it's too hard") to not better yourself with a challenge. Excuses are just ways for us to not overcome obstacles. Time may help to some extent, but ultimately, it's what you do with it that matters.

So here's a suggestion: does your gym offer kickboxing? You kick, punch, and burn calories!

Hey lovelife, maybe Zumba is a go? Ive never tried it so could be a good idea. It IS getting better with time. Hopefully soon I do not associate him and exercise together. What is even more frustrating is that he doesn't seem to have a problem at all. He quit the gym, joined a new one, found new gym mates, entered the marathon, all whilst I was struggling to even walk into the gym!

I deffiently suggest you try Zumba. It's soo much fun!

Archived