Six months on and still thinking

Timefornc

Six months nearly since the break and I still think about her on a daily basis. I miss the friendship more than anything right now.

I read all the advice initially did the opposite, so pretty much doubt she will change her mind now or ever open contact with me.

I really find it tough letting go of that final bit which says she will never speak to me again.

Any thoughts on the final hurdle?

You are reaching the acceptance stage, which while still holds some pain, is much more peaceful than the initial stages*

And just so you know you're not abnormal, its been over 2 years for me and I still think about her every day....although much less and with much less pain*

Stay Strong

Carus* 8-)

You are reaching the acceptance stage, which while still holds some pain, is much more peaceful than the initial stages*

And just so you know you're not abnormal, its been over 2 years for me and I still think about her every day....although much less and with much less pain*

Stay Strong

Carus* 8-)

Thanks bud. There is a million miles between us and would be happy to be her friend, but I need to accept I can't be the one who makes that happen.

I used a different kind of hope to get past the hurdle. Instead of focusing on whether ex would contact me today or someday, I focused instead on becoming the kind of person I'd want ex to see (or hear of) in a year.

As I began investing in my health, my interests, my social life, my career, my ex became less and less important as I became more and more important.

You don't need to reach some arbitrary saturation point of pain and suffering before you're suddenly able to decide on the spot to cut it off. Just move forward, and trust that if you and ex are ever meant to be, that will happen on its own--and you'll want to be in your best form no matter what.

Its been about 9 months since my ex bf broke up with me and about 7-8 months of NC and I still think about him everyday. Our breakup was harsh...he dedicated Eminem's "25 to life" song to me and said that he wanted nothing to do with me ever again. He called me very bad names. I went NC after that and just yesterday, while looking for information on him (BIG MISTAKE) i found a picture of him with a new girl. I was instantly thrown back like i would've been hearing the "i dont want to be with you anymore" words for the first time.

Whats harder for me is that the 1 yr and 4 mths we were together we never had a picture of us together. and yet here he is, taking pictures with her. Also, he lives 12 hrs away from me, so i know that unless one of us breaks NC, I will never hear of him, nor see him ever again (unless i go looking which i will never do again).

I feel your pain. I've been on dates, and there are days that i have thought "i think i'm finally moving on", but seeing that pic proved me wrong.

Unfortuately, I don't have any advice to give you on the final hurdle as I am trying to get over that myself. All i can offer is what other people have been telling me...get rid of anything that reminds you of her (saved emails, addresses, phone numbers, pictures etc.) They have moved on, and we are stuck in the past. Maybe that means we really loved them, or maybe that means we are just dumb. i'm not sure...but either way, i wish you nothing but the best and know that you are not alone. I hope your heart finds peace soon

• 2 weeks later...

My boyfriend of two years UNEXPECTELY dumped me its been six months now and still trying to get over him,he lives just down the road and cant believe havent bumped into him since.I really believe that if things dont work out some person out there is telling you your wer NOT meant for each other (trust me there a lot of people on this planet)and yes someone better or different WILL come along you just have to be patient and try and pertend your ex never existed tempory erase them from your brain and remember you did have a life before you met your ex-goodluck!!!

Archived