How do you tell someone you like them?

This would probably be a question alot of you have....

How do you tell someone you like them? We've all been taught ways to handle a breakup with someone or what to do on a date, but what is the right way to start the relationship?

Most people don't one day just go "poof" and start dating each other. We've seen it happen in anime and tv shows. One moment they'll be talking to each other as friends, and suddenly they're kissing. How romantic.

Most of the time in reality, however, we've got to actually communicate with the people we like, as cliched as it sounds. What I mean by that is we've got to tell them, in one way or another, that we like them.

I've been told many many ways to do this and go about this. Let them come to you, write them a note, don't let a friend tell them, etc. etc. But is there really a right way to tell someone you like them?

My story is that I like this guy and I've got a feeling he likes me, but we're both shy. He's never had a gf cause his parents won't let him date until he's 16, so I assume he has absolutely no experience with this stuff. How would I go about telling him I like him without scaring him off?

Suggestions?

first of all the fact he probably isnt experienced means its fine. now in my case, my current bf is my first and im his first gf. we had liked eachother for awhile, but i couldnt take it anymore so i told him i liked him. ofcourse you could flirt and see if he says anything, if not then just let him know. i was just like "hey you know i like you" and hes like "who dared you?" and im like "nobody lol..." and hes like "are you serious?" and im like "ya" and then our friends came. so i was like *beep*. but he liked me so one day he walked me home and told me he liked me and asked me out. so for me it ended up well. its no big deal to tell him you like him. and you didnt mention if you're experienced or not. but telling someone you like them should just feel like a relief. you'll feel sooo much better. its not like you have to send em a card or anything. and the idea of sending a friend isnt always the best. but a note or something works as well. i think just playing truth or dare or something is a great way to break the ice as well, even just you and him online or something so its totally just you and him. dont stress about it, its all fun.