I broke NC, she's depressed, don't know what to do now.

Well, I broke NC, i sent my ex a short e-mail, i kept it friendly, she replied back to me. In the reply i got the impression that she was really depressed. She has been through hell..because her house burned, the break up, problems with family. I don't know how to reply to her or what to say to cheer her up? any suggestions? In the e-mail she said this

I've been watching too many movies, reading too many books, been alone too long. I think I am on the verge of another psychological breakdown. White walls make unpleasant cages and knowing that you are trapped inside them with nobody telling you can't leave but you know you have nowhere to go is not pleasant. Nowhere to run and nobody to run to. But I'm alright. I really am. Just bored. I just need school to start, get some normalcy

I am not sure how to reply to that. Any suggestions how i can make her feel bettter?

she does have a history of cutting herself. I think that what she means bypsychological breakdown. I don't know what to say to her. There is an emotional barrier between us. how do i tear it down? i'm not intrested in getting back with her just yet. Just live one day at a time and plus we both have issues we have to work out. what do i do about this? i care about her soooo much.

I know that you don't want to get back with her right now, but you could help her with herself, keep her safe. Take some burden of her shoulders, just be friends with her, see how it goes on in the future, by the sound of it, its not her fault, and she needs someone to talk and show her emotions to, at first she probably won't show anythig, but if you open up she will too.

Good luck, and sry to hear about all of this.

Why aren't you ready to get back with her if you care so much? do you not trust her?

Boy, you men can be so confusing sometimes.

Think about the reasons you aren't ready. You can be her friend, but if there is no future for you as far as YOU can see, why burden yourself with her mess?

Maybe you have a mutual friend that you can tell your concerns to and they can be there for her, too.

Just a thought.