Did Something Today That Has Helped Me Feel A Whole Heap Better

I finally got to the Latin dance aerobic workout and really enjoyed it. I bought the dvd off the teacher so I can practice at home. I used to do similar things before the ex was in my life and it got taken over by him and his children. While I was dancing, I just got this thought of like : "Yay, Joy, I'm going to Reclaim Myself and My Life"

I thought of some of the things the ex said to me at the breakup, that life was just grey and no joy and why did "I " stop going on outings with him to the city, that he had been so happy with me in those days when I used to do those things. I pointed out that we didn't go because of the physical pain he claimed to be in. He replied: "Well, you still shouldn't have stopped." I might add that he never suggested we do those things either and there were a couple of occasions which could have been lovely, marred by his grumpiness.

I just though, Wo, I'm rid of that baggage. I don't have an emotional parasite attached to me any longer.

I've still been very erratic of late and my feelings change a lot. I've been told it's because I'm going through various stages of grief. I really think NC is the best for healing, but also getting out there and getting on with things, finding enjoyment and happiness doing things we like.

I ended up falling asleep into a deep peaceful sleep which I haven't had since the breakup. When I woke, I felt and looked different. My eyes and skin look improved. Nearly time to get ready to go out. I'm thinking of doing the weights and exercise classes as well to help me get going, out of the house and meeting people. The other ladies at the class today were so nice, and just about all of them came up and introduced themselves to me.

Bit of an ego boost here, and hope I don't sound conceited - the instructor, a lady, very attractive, maybe a little younger than me spoke to me after the class and one of the things she said to me was that I have a gorgeous figure most women would kill for. Thanked her and told her I would like to tone up which was when she told me about the other classes. Well, I don't want to put the weight back on which I lost through the stress of the breakup so I'm going to try and eat healthy in appropriate proportions.

Archived