stevef20

Hi,

I just wanted to post this morning and ask that noone tries to rush this healing process.

I have had a really good week and thought I was just about over things. I have though woken this morning distressed and upset, what we feel when we first get dumped does not go away in a hurry, I thought I was there and I'm not, all of the hurt, emptiness, sadness and generally feeling broken are back and hitting hard, thankfully I've not done anything silly like try to date again etc and so am able to not feel guilt.

I hope this stops anyone who is rushing through this to slow down and let time do what it has to.

A sad friend

hey steve, what did i tell you man???? one day feeling good 7 days feeling cra99p! 2 days feeling good 6 days feeling cra99p and so on...this is not a bad thing dude, its a good thing, lets you know youre stilla love inside even though you may not feel it right now.

this wave comes and goes, i promise you its normal, you are healing my friend, this is healing, you may not think it but i promise you its letting go pain....you feel good, you feel bad, you feel good and then bad.....i swear on my soul my friend....you are doing nicely, ride with it, youve been through the worst, remember what i said about the ROCK BOTTOM???????? ONLY WAY IS UP.

JONESY

It does suddenly hit you hard again Steve but you'll bounce back up like you did before! and there'll be plenty more good days to come.

Maybe it's because it's the weekend and your feeling lonely?

I'm keeping myself motivated - it still doesn't take my mind off him but I'm not getting myself upset over him as much. I don't want to speak too soon because I know it will hit me hard again when I least expect it but we'll get through it

Do you agree the pain is fading and it's getting easier with time?

Hiya Steve.... here I am trying to put back the pieces yet again! My own fault, I broke NC and it was a nightmare! Guess I like to learn things the hard way. Sp, here goes, 2 days of feeling utterly destroyed, can't wait till the weekend is over and hopefully I can gain some ground on the good feelings!

Hi,

I just wanted to post this morning and ask that noone tries to rush this healing process.

I have had a really good week and thought I was just about over things. I have though woken this morning distressed and upset, what we feel when we first get dumped does not go away in a hurry, I thought I was there and I'm not, all of the hurt, emptiness, sadness and generally feeling broken are back and hitting hard, thankfully I've not done anything silly like try to date again etc and so am able to not feel guilt.

I hope this stops anyone who is rushing through this to slow down and let time do what it has to.

A sad friend

Steve, this happens to me as well buddy. Do not worry, you made it past this once and you will again. Every time that feeling comes up embrace it in your mind and then let it go back down when it's ready. It's all good man. I've seen you at rock bottom, and I've seen you grow already. You are doing fine bud!

I feel the same. I thought things were getting better but I think it's starting to hit me again now - its going to be one of those nights. Probably because it's saturday night and I know he will be out meeting new women.

I'm trying not to cry as I've been getting stronger every day and don't want to hit rock bottom again. They say what you don't know won't hurt you, but it's the not knowing that's bothering me.

Have you got any plans for tonight Steve?

Archived