Worst Excuses For Breaking Up

Well I have seen a post that had something to do with stupid excuses to cheat. Well here is one about really dumb reasons to just breaking up, cheating included. Over a year's period I have seen and heard some really ridiculous reasons and behavior regarding breaking up. Well do we have any takers? Because I am sure some reasons that I will bring attention to, one of you guys have already experienced.

OMG this thread is a trip, its Deja Vu, lol.

"Its not you but me" and "you deserve someone better", those are pretty sad. isn't it great when they rip your heart out but try to convince you they are doing you a favor?.

how about this one, "You a wonderful man, any woman would be lucky to have you as their boyfriend, I learned so much from you, etc etc, blah blah.

ouch!

Man I have never seen so many stupid excuses in my life. I feel sorry that you guys had to go through that junk. Here are my opinions on each of these pitiful excuses.....

How about "I'm not good enough for you"? That one throws me even after explaining that I picked that person because I thought they were special, etc,etc.

Exactly, that doesn't make any sense at all. I sense either a huge insecurity problem or an easy way to worm out of a relationship just to be with someone else. I can be insecure at times but man I would not dump a girl for that reason at all. She picked me for a reason, how could I not be good enough for her unless she is using me? Good pitiful excuse right there.

"I need to focus on my studies right now...", even though, a week later, you see him at a club trying hard to pick up.

Inexcusable. Not a worthy man. In fact he is a disgrace to men for making that sorry excuse just to be with someone else. And besides, if he really was trying to concentrate and he trusted you, he would have talked to you and told you just to hold on while he set things straight with his studies. Or if he really loved you, he would find a way to make time for you. Either way, you tow would still be together and came to an agreement on something. Unfortunately that is not the case and he so happens to be a scumbag. Pitiful excuse for a human being.

"i need to live for myself" WHILE WE WERE APART FOR THE SUMMER!!!!!

If this person wants to live for his/herself, why even get into a relationship in the first place? At that, this person said this far away from you? Ridiculous.

"I don't have enogh time for you, you will be happy with a guy who has the time you deserve"

Once again, this could be a serious insecurity issue or another devious scheme to sneak away with someone else. He could have thought this over before trying to be with you in the first place.

"It's got nothing to do with you, it's me", this just makes no sense, we are in a relationship, you are getting out of it, it has SOMETHING to do with me, I AM a part of the same relationship am I not????

ANOTHER insecurity issue or devious scheme. And yes you are correct ComputerGuy, you are a part of it. This person does not appear to be focused straight, once again thinking strictly with feelings and no logic whatsoever.....

isn't it great when they rip your heart out but try to convince you they are doing you a favor?.

Sarcastically speaking, yes it is. I hate that. I just see it as another way of worming their way out of something for one reason or another. I wish people would think things out before getting intimate with one another. I can't stand it.

how about this one, "You a wonderful man, any woman would be lucky to have you as their boyfriend, I learned so much from you, etc etc, blah blah.

If I am such a wonderful man and I am so useful to you, why would you throw me away so easily? Whatever.....excuses, excuses. Have fun with whoever you are trying to get with now because you can kiss this so called wonderful guy GOODBYE! I think it is even funnier when this person comes crawling back to you after they get the boot from this new "wonderful" man.

Well lets be totally honest here. We wouldn't want them to tell us the complete and utter truth either. Lets face it, if your ex broke up with you by saying "You know, you never really were any good in bed. You snore too much. You don't make enough money for me. I think you'd make a lousy husband and I can't see myself staying in the same house with you and not thinking about doing the mail carrier every day." we'd be crushed.

Then we'd be on the boards saying "OMG I can't believe how cruel and heartless she is. I HATE HER".

There's no good way to break up with someone. The one doing the breaking up is screwed no matter what they say.

Agreed. But realize that the next question you will ask them is BUT WHY? And thats where they face the dilemma of telling you why its really not working (which hurts) or making up some reason on the spur of the moment (which sounds better, but still hurts).

You'll be skeptical of their motives no matter what they say. After all, you don't want the breakup. If you did, then you'd just shake hands and go "yeah, you're right. it't not working. no big deal"

Anytime you have a situation where one wants out and the other doesn't its going to suck.

This wasn't what someone said to me, but it's what an ex of the guy I'm dating now said to him.

"The tarot cards told me to break up with you."

After he told me that, I about died laughing. And since the girl was the same religion I am, I always tease him saying "oh yeah, so I was looking at my tarot cards tonight." He laughs about it now, because...yeah...it was a really stupid reason to give for breaking up with him.