i seem to be a bit younger than everyone here, but maybe that will help. ok. im 16 and i was going out with a 19 year old. we have absolutley nothing in common and he has a lil' disorder called asburgers or something like that and he is very forgetful, but i love him and i don't know why. well, about 2 months ago, he found out how much my parents don't like him and he decided the right thing to do is to break up with me, or put things on hold for awhile, whatever. well, whenever i talk to him, i start feeling abit depressed, but i always want to talk to him and hang out.

should i keep talking to him? i thought maybe i should tell him i don't want to talk anymore because he makes me feel depressed, but i don't know how to tell him.

If you feel upset everytime you talk to him, then I think you really need a cool down... don't talk to him for a while...

And just because you have nothingin common doesn't mean that you can't love him... *opposites attract* that's is probably why you like him... or 'Love' him

If you think you have a slight chance of something happening in the futureKeep talking to him.. I mean Love should nevr be given up on... But only do it if you think something is going to happen...

Well twiggy, assess the situation that your in.

Why do you feel 'down' when you talk with him?

What do you talk about that makes you feel 'down'?

Does his memory loss issue have anything to do with how I feel for him?

Ask your parents 'why' they dislike him?

Is the age barrier too much of a gap at this time for a solid relationship?

...This goes for both parties...

What attracts you to him?

What attracts him to you?

What does he do that make you want to hang out with him?

If I where you, I would think of 3 things...

The age barrier, how I feel for him, and how he feels for me. Try to look at all the angles before you make a decision, and I know it's hard to do, but I think you will appreciate it when you do make your finial decision. Don't rush into anything. Take your time; it is on your side. Talk with your best girlfriend if you feel comfortable enough with her and talk about it. Get as much outside information and opinions as possible. Reading the part about your parents, I feel that they see a very large age gap and don't care for it. This may seem like the most life altering issue in your life, and it very well might be, but remember, you are young with so much ahead of you, and if you only take one thing from this, take this, "Let this decision be yours, and not someone else's. It's great to take advice, but YOU need to make this choose."

Good luck, and I'm sure you will do what you feel is best.