Online dating help!

cbh1979

OK, a girl I met through a certain online dating site met for drinks Thursday night. We talked for 3+ hours, she said she had fun, and when I asked if she'd like to do it again sometime she offered up next weekend.

Friday morning, I sent her an email through that website saying it was great meeting her and provided my personal email address...we'd already exchanged phone numbers. She's not yet replied to my email, though. Is that a bad sign? We've only been talking online for maybe two weeks, and she did take a few days to respond to one of my messages once, and that too was over a weekend. Any thoughts?

If I don't hear from her, should I email sometime midweek and ask her to do something this weekend?

Take the initiative - You should pick up the phone and call her. It is likely that she may not be checking her messages every day or as often.

You can arrange something through there, hopefully.

If some time passes and she doesn't respond then move on.

For the online thing... once I actually meet someone in person, I expect them to contact me the "regular" way - not through the dating site. I dunno... you have my email/phone number now... why would you continue to use the site to contact me?

Agreed with the others. Wait until Monday (since you already sent her a message) and call her.

I know that if I was this girl and I had a really good time with you, than I would be checking my phone constantly, checking emails contanstly and wouldn't be able to stop thinking about you. I would have given you a reply to your message asap but then again I don't have guys lining up at my door lol.

I have a feeling that she's not as invested in this as you are to be honest or she would have checked her email...

She could very well be busy though, don't discount her yet...just wait a week or so and then decide if she's worth chasing after.

Archived