gf broke up not sure b/c of mom or curiousity of guys

my girlfriend and i have been going out for 2 years and she recently broke up with me. this caught me by surprise as we just went to the beach and had a great time. she said there were a couple of reasons for breaking up. One was that she was transferring to another university, her mom said she shouldnt be commited right now, she might be missing out on opportunities(im guessing with other guys), and she wants more guy friends( which i have no prob unless she knows the guy likes her and she continues). all this happened right after her mom and her had a talk.her mom has never approved of me for whatever reason i dont know b/c i havent wronged her or my gf. her mom is chinese and from what my friends say is that she doesnt think im good enough because of my ethnicity. my and my gf always get in arguments after she talks with her mom about her "future". her transfering to another school is no biggie for me b/c i can just go and see her when i can(only 2 hrs away). she says she doesnt wanna talk to me for another month. im just really confused right now and am not sure what to do. we really do love each other but things just get crazy when her mom gets involved.

You are probably right that this girl's mother has something to do with it! My mom constantly tries to do that to me. But if she is listening to her mother and following through although her mom really isn't her source of control, then maybe there is something else. But if you really do love eachother, like you said, then it could probably be worked out. It is hard to overcome boundaries when a family member doesn't like you, and sometimes it is impossible. But before you give up, you need to make sure that you have tried your hardest. Just talk it through with this girl, and see if she even does want to work through things. If she does, she will probably call before the month is up or act differently when you call her. But if not, or if you can't reach her in a month, there may be some other factor besides her mom involved. I know how much all of this hurts...just be strong and believe that the best will come of it...hope my advice helps you.

we are not contacting each other right now at all. she has one semester left at the same school i attend. so in 2-3 weeks when we go back we will talk. i just hate the fact that everything is soo perfect between us w/o the mom sayin stuff about me and what she should do with her "future" which i think she is just sayin to get rid of me indirectly. i know my gf needs to do what she wants but she has always done what her parents want so it is hard when she is at home, and i know that she loves me because she told them she was goin out with me. i also want to know if girls get "bored" with their guy after a long period of time. my gf b4 i got with her always got a tons of attention from guys and even when we were going out guys always still hit on her. i didnt get jealous by the way. does she miss that? all the attention? i am her first serious bf. so im not sure what questions to ask when we talk or how to get her back. i just dont understand how her mom could "hate" me even though she doesnt know me. a lot of people hated me after i got with my gf because they were jealous of me but even after awhile they got to know me and became friends.