14 Year Age Difference.. Future Worries

neolithic

Sounds like you're trying to find a way out of the relationship. What are the problems you guys are experiencing?

There are pros and cons to every relationship. In an age gap relationship, you can't have your cake and eat it too. There will always be the question about "what happens if he/she dies when older" etc. I'm a believer, however, that when you truly love someone you just don't give a crap and go with it.

Think about it this way. If you were with a guy who were also 24, when you both hit 40 he might go through a crisis and ditch you for a younger girl, whereas with the guy you're with now you'll always be the younger girl.

• 5 years later...

Hey

I read your story and it felt like me writing it !

Me and my boyfriend have 16 year gap between us me 24 and he is 40

Lies u said , I have been true a lot and I'm not like usual girls at 24.

We were together for a year and then this thoughts came exactly same as yours about future, kids , and being alone again when he will be gone in future. Because of the pressure in my mind I decided to move out and have some thinking time. He is diabetic as well so the future might be very unknown. I do love him but I'm not sure if this is right and if I will be happy after 10 year still with him. Will he make me happy , will he want the same things? He is fighting a lot for this relationship and he don't want to let go but I just can do anything. One day I feel okay everything is going to be fine but next day I know that it will never work. He makes me very depressed because I know how sad he feels and he thinks he is in this age and he will not find somebody else.... just dont know what to do everyday is terrible....

Archived