Anybody ever had an out of body experience?

Yes, I have - more than once.

I was meditating over an object and came out of my body, moved to the side and watched myself.

I don't know about seeing the stars.. and you really need to be disciplined and ready for the experience mentally, spiritually and emotionally, as it is tough to get your head round and to come to terms with the experience afterwards. With the above experience I freaked out that I couldn't get back in to my body then afterwards felt bereaved because there was a secret part of me that wanted to get off the earth plane and be somewhere where I could feel at home and not have to deal constantly with the experiences of people's judgement and non-acceptance of me as different, because I am sensitive, an independent thinker, don't conform to norms I don't believe in and have all these special gifts, and have this magnet quality that - whilst it has given me some positive experiences that I am grateful for - has afflicted me with some very negative experiences from a lot of men who have targeted me in a stalker fashion and wouldn't and still don't take no for an answer.

I have but it wasn't deliberate. I think a lot of people get one "free pass" at some point in their lives, but actually making it happen through meditation may be difficult. Thought not impossible.

Is it dangerous? Is it scary and how do u get back into your body? How long does it last for? Im really curious about this, i really want to experience it for myself. I want to know the felling and flying..

SOmetimes i noticed while asleep i get these like "shocks",it makes my body shake and ill wake up...what does that mean?

Is it dangerous? Is it scary and how do u get back into your body?

As long as your fascination with it is tempered by safeguarding techniques through meditation, it is possible to ask for it to happen rather than will it, but you must be careful to ask for protection and work with the highest forces spiritually.. this is not designed to frighten you but to make you aware that once you are out of your body you are more vulnerable. You will eventually get back in because your earth body is designed to hold your spirit in this lifetime.. in other words, you won't cross over until you are meant to.

As for being scary.. it depends on you as a person. If you are highly sensitive, you may find it very frightening but each person's experience is different in terms of coming to terms with it before, during and after.

I have out of body experiences when I'm very anxious. People with anxiety/panic attacks experience it. It is the most terrifying feeling ever and I wouldn't wish it to anyone. It feels like you are watching the world through a glass window or that you are out of your body and watching what's going on around you. Everything seems unreal and like a dream. Except, it's not. SO SCARY.

I have out of body experiences when I'm very anxious. People with anxiety/panic attacks experience it. It is the most terrifying feeling ever and I wouldn't wish it to anyone. It feels like you are watching the world through a glass window or that you are out of your body and watching what's going on around you. Everything seems unreal and like a dream. Except, it's not. SO SCARY.

I had something like this when I was in labor. I couldn't actually see myself but it was more of a psychological detachment to help me deal with the trauma.

What the OP is talking about is different. You literally leave your body.

OP: When it happened to me, I was terrified. I was on a sofa and there was a glass center table next to it. I started floating toward the center table and I was absolutely terrified that I was going to crash into it or break it. I completely panicked. I believe that even when you do this of your own will, there's usually a lot of fear to overcome. That's natural.

I had something like this when I was in labor. I couldn't actually see myself but it was more of a psychological detachment to help me deal with the trauma.

What the OP is talking about is different. You literally leave your body.

OP: When it happened to me, I was terrified. I was on a sofa and there was a glass center table next to it. I started floating toward the center table and I was absolutely terrified that I was going to crash into it or break it. I completely panicked. I believe that even when you do this of your own will, there's usually a lot of fear to overcome. That's natural.

Hey there... wow i have never experienced an out of body experience but I want to but I am abit scared to..coz like what if i cant get back into my body or i see other spirits or something creepy come after me then what? When i do sleep sometimes my body feels weird like it will jerk and ill wake up...

Hey i have anxiety/panic attacks too.. but i dont get OBE's ..I know its scary for some but others feel free to fly where they want to ..some travel to space and back...it must be an amazing feeling but is it similar to a near death experience where you see a light?

Hey there... wow i have never experienced an out of body experience but I want to but I am abit scared to..coz like what if i cant get back into my body or i see other spirits or something creepy come after me then what?

That won't happen. But fear is normal.

When i do sleep sometimes my body feels weird like it will jerk and ill wake up...

I get that too. It's not a related topic, as discussed by a previous poster.

As long as your fascination with it is tempered by safeguarding techniques through meditation, it is possible to ask for it to happen rather than will it, but you must be careful to ask for protection and work with the highest forces spiritually.. this is not designed to frighten you but to make you aware that once you are out of your body you are more vulnerable. You will eventually get back in because your earth body is designed to hold your spirit in this lifetime.. in other words, you won't cross over until you are meant to.

As for being scary.. it depends on you as a person. If you are highly sensitive, you may find it very frightening but each person's experience is different in terms of coming to terms with it before, during and after.

I am sensitive and might get spooked out if i see my own body sleeping while im floating about ..what i want to know is can u encounter other spirits as well? what of theres a bad spirit out there and then i cant get back in my body?

I am sensitive and might get spooked out if i see my own body sleeping while im floating about ..what i want to know is can u encounter other spirits as well? what of theres a bad spirit out there and then i cant get back in my body?

Depending on your existing spiritual gifts, you may or may not encounter spirits.. Mediums who already see spirits, for example, there will obviously be a greater chance of seeing spirits.

• 1 year later...

Thank you for your honesty about the fear. I had a full out of body experience last night, and had to convince myself rationally that my brain was capable of taking care of my sleeping body, while also feeling paralysis and suffocation. I was simply energy, electric and alive - overwhelming. I was terrified to leave my husband as I intentionally moved out of my body, eventually traveling to my son's room (who also had a nightmare at that time). I returned, but had to fight to re-enter my sleeping body, and for consciousness - though I did 'wake' immediately (you're not asleep, trust me). Panic, anxiety and remorse overwhelmed me throughout the next day...I felt so stupid for taking such a risk. Maybe it's 'safe,' but it seemed on the edge of death, truthfully.

Archived