Loriana

Hey guys,

This guy (21) added me on Facebook about 2 years ago and we began talking and turns out we only live down the road from eachother. Anyway he kept asking me to meet him, this was 2 years ago and back then I was really low on self-esteem and confidence so of course I wasn't ready to meet him but I still wanted to talk to him so I probably made up all the excuses in the book. He said he wouldn't give up asking me cos he thought I was a nice person and he really wanted to meet me in person since we live in the same area. I thought he will eventually give up but he never and 2 years and have passed and just this week on Tuesday he asked me to meet him. I did the usual and made up an excuse and this time he actually got upset with me which is understandable and I honestly felt bad cos I realised all this time I had been messing this guy about.

I told him the truth and said I was low in self-esteem was worried that he might not like me bla bla bla. Luckily he said I like you, you're a nice person all that doesn't matter. So finally on Wednesday afternoon afer college I went to meet him. He drove me around in his car and we talked through out the ride not a moment of silence passed us by. It was great I liked him even more in person and he's so cute too.

He pulled up outside my house and he gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and said "I'll text you" so 2 days have gone by and I haven't heard nothing from him. I know he is popular guy he has a lot of friends and is a DJ so a part of me thinks he is busy. But then I think that he doesn't like me I didn't match his expectations etc. But he hugged and kissed me on the cheek, that is what I don't get. I don't know what to do I feel embarassed cos I put myself out there, it was the first time I had ever met a guy from the internet and I feel like I'm being rejected...which is what I have been scared of this whole time.

I don't know what to do, should I text him?, Should I wait for him to text?, should I just move on? help!! :s

Move on. Kiss on a cheek translates to ''let's be friends'' rather than anything more serious. And afterward, work on your self-esteem ;-)

And as for the fear of getting rejected, get rid of it, it's ridiculous to fear something like that... If you put yourself out there, you will get rejected a lot in your life. That's just what happens. But if you gonna give up after first rejection, or the second, or the third, you will never meet the guy who accepts you.

Realize that, if someone doesn't love you back, it isn't such a crime. And there's a fine, fine line, between love and a waste of time.

I agree with the above poster, Move On.

A kiss on the cheek does put you in the "lets be friends zone". Every date I have been on where the guy was interested they all contacted me straight after the date or first thing the next morn, to say what a nice time they had.

We all get rejected and yes it does hurt, but you need to pick urself up from it and move on. Just because one person might not be keen on you to date, doesn't mean there aren't 50 others out there that are.

Thanks guys, I feel a bit better. I guessed the kiss on the cheek was just a sign he wanted to be friends which is cool, I hope we can be friends and hang out from time to time. I am just glad I put myself out there you know, and yeah rejection is a part of life and one day hopefully I'll find someone that will accept me

Thanks guys, I feel a bit better. I guessed the kiss on the cheek was just a sign he wanted to be friends which is cool, I hope we can be friends and hang out from time to time. I am just glad I put myself out there you know, and yeah rejection is a part of life and one day hopefully I'll find someone that will accept me

So, still no news from your FB guy? I am sorry to hear that. But kudos to you Loriana, you got the right attitude. Unfortunately, rejection IS part of life. We win some and you lose some.

Ever watched Tyra Banks on America's Next Top Model lol? She always tell the girls who gets rejected ..." I have face so many rejections in my life, but you just have to keep trying to get what you want". Lol, I also try to take a leaf from Tyra's book heheheheh

Archived