How true is it that once a woman closes her heart off to you, you've lost your

InaDaze87

For me it's true, unfortunately.

I will try and try and try and try to make a relationship work. By the time I am done and shut down... it's over. By that time I have no more "try" left. Even if the situation is resolved, I am mad that I had to try THAT hard and I'm skeptical that I won't be put in that situation again once things have 'settled' again.

But perhaps I'm guilty of not breaking up soon enough...?

It took me 15+ years of hanging in there. A relationship that was wrought with break ups, broken promises, etc. Looking back now, I think it was a slow death 10 years in the making. But there was one day that did it for me after all that time and all that I endured. And on that day, as hurt as I was from the events of that day, I mourned our relationship one last time because I knew there was no going back. Ever. Finally.

We are friends now and genuinely care for each other as well as love. I know though that I can never ever see him in that light again. Not possible.

I am grateful to have him in my life as a friend.

Yes, but this applies to men, too. I don't believe you can fall back in love once you have fallen out of love.

I disagree with this strongly.

My wife and I have both fallen out of love before (years before we married) and we worked on it and got it back. Things were never the same, but that was fine because obviously things weren't working the way they were at the time. What we got back was just as good - though I'm firmly against the concept of comparing loves - they're always different.

Love is an emotion, and emotions are controlled by (or let's say heavily influenced by) thoughts. If there's enough bad thoughts in your head which won't go away, the chances of recreating anything close to love are remote. But good thoughts can outweigh bad, and in the face of genuine regret, genuine change, and as I've said before - enough time, space and apologies - I firmly believe that any bridge can be repaired (if both parties work towards it).

Please don't be down on love, it's the greatest gift you can ever give or receive.

Archived