Should flowers always be red roses

If the receiver has no specific preference in type of flower, then roses are certainly safe. However, I personally would like to receive another color rose other than red. Red is too readily available. Another, more unusual color, to me would show the giver had taken a little more time to select something really unique and special. I prefer pink or a pale, pale yellow over red. But ANY flower whatsoever would most likely be appreciated. So go with your own gut feelings.

It depends on what the occasion/woman's taste. Personally, I think that long-stemmed, deep/dark velvity red roses are one of the best. It's more special when it's for occasions like Valentine's Day or an anniversary. For other events, such as sending gifts out of the blue, just as a thoughtful gesture, you could send one of her favorite flowers, other than roses. Some other flowers that women like are tullips, or a bunch of different flowers mixed in together with different colored florals.

About roses again, soft pink roses, long stem are also nice as well. Especially for different occasions like Graduation, a get well present, or even as a birthday present (depending on if she does prefer pink roses for her b-day ). It really depends on what the lady likes. Some ladies prefer a dozen red roses, while others prefer a combo of both white & red. White seems like a flower that symbolizes friendship to me. I guess your best solution is to ask her personally, what kind of flowers she likes. Kind of add it to your conversation. Keep the questions subtle. You can do so by adding in what you prefer, so that she's not too aware that you might be sending her roses. Good lucK to you! Mahlina

My advice, coming from a guy....

Patching things up with someone is always rough work. I think sending red roses or roses at all is predictable and boring. Now, they are pretty flowers, but it doesn't show you really mean it to me. If flowers are your choice, then I would stop some where on the way to her house and find some wild flowers. There are so many beautiful ones growing all over.

Just make sure you don't pick and weeds!!

I agree with the above poster. If you want to patch things up with her, then send her some of her favorite flowers, not roses. I think that roses should be saved for occasions, in which things are going smoothly in the relationship. That's just me though. But, sending her flowers won't always do the trick. The more important thing to focus on is 'communication.' Flowers are just a part of it, but what will be more meaningful, is if the two of you can sit down and have a heart-to-heart conversation.

Talk about things that you guys need to do to improve on in the relationship. Otherwise, the gifts that you do give her will have no meaning, not unless if it's backed up with good intentions. If she see's that you're truly sincere and are actually willing to be mature and communicate out the 'real' issues, then she will definitely appreciate you for your efforts. Whatever it is, you're doing a good job so far. Good LucK.-Mahlina