Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Bali Trip!!

alli

I decided to go to Bali for my leave. The pictures I've seen online look awesome! Has anyone ever been there? What are the best things to do? Know any decently priced hotels? Is there very much there for clothes shopping? I don't have very many clothes here with me so I'll need to either order some online or buy them there. If anyone has ever been there & can tell me anything about their trip, that would be great!

Bali Belly, lol. I'm not too worried about the safety level. I'm in Afghanistan, I'm pretty sure I'll be safer for a couple weeks in Bali than I am on any given day here. I just need to find a nice hotel that is decent & reasonably priced.

I spent about a week in Bali a few years ago. The city of Denpasar is lovely, and everything is very cheap there. If you can afford a beach hotel, go for it! I can't remember the names of my hotels, I'll have to dig out my journal from the trip. The locals are friendly and many of them are able to speak pretty good English. They will also always be offering you rides in taxis!

I spent about a week in Bali a few years ago. The city of Denpasar is lovely, and everything is very cheap there. If you can afford a beach hotel, go for it! I can't remember the names of my hotels, I'll have to dig out my journal from the trip. The locals are friendly and many of them are able to speak pretty good English. They will also always be offering you rides in taxis!

Cool! What made you decide to go there? I think I'm going to go scuba diving this time. I've been to a lot of places where scuba diving was available but I was always too cheap to pay for it, so I think this time I will. I invited my mom tonight & she's so pumped!! She's been a bit down since I've been gone so long & living the daily grind so it was an unexpected surprise for her to see me so soon & to go on a trip together. I can't wait to be able to relax for a couple weeks.

Archived