I been feeling really ignored lately.

I used to think i had good friends and people in my life, but now it seems they don't care.

I rarely get phone calls from people anymore, and heck even when I turn to this thing I am lucky when I get one reply back from people.

Same thing with emails and stuff, I hardly ever get emails from people.. and its like what the heck is the point on checking my email anymore.

It just makes me want to run away, even if that means being homeless for awhile. I mean, like anyones even going to notice if i run away anyways.

I don't think I did anything to piss people off but maybe I did. who the hell knows. No one ever tells me anything anyways. I don't want to kill myself, but I really truly do want to leave the country without telling anyone. No one would miss me, and then if I felt lonely at least it would be my own fault I felt lonely, cuz I ran away somewhere where I didn't know anyone. I think I'm going to finish my university degree (I'm done in 4 months), then leave the country, not tell anyone where I'm going, and just disappear. What do u guys think.

Hehe, well I can sorta relate in this case. See I used to be "friends" with a lot of people and I still talk to a few, but I haven't been talking to many lately. If I message them they usually don't respond. My advice is to get out more and find new people to talk to. I guess your friends get bored with the same things/people after a while. Sad, isn't it? I'm sorta in the same boat so I can relate. I've been focusing on my life and trying to move forward so I'm not always down. It might work for you too.

Chris

Well, like, you gotta send emails to get 'em, right? Maybe all of your friends are sitting around, waiting by the phone, waiting to hear from you!

Just try getting in contact with your friends. Make more of an effort to stay in touch. Just because they don't drop you an occasional line doesn't mean they don't wanna talk to you.

If, however, they give you the brushoff after your repeated attempts to be sociable, start packing those bags.

You are not alone start contacting your old friends make plans go out and meet new people if you dont like being at the house go out alone and meet new people to hang out with,Emails are not a big deal if you dont get them start talking to new ppl online and send them emails no point in running away that will not help you that will only cause more problems because wherever u may run to who do you know there??same thing dont u think just go out and have fun call up your friends or meet new ones!!!

Blue Skittles,

I know how you feel. It seems like right now, i don't really have many friends, hardly anybody ever calls, and if they do its, like most of the conversations i seem to have with friends, something school realted, like "did you get that problem on the homework?" or something like that. What really kills me is that sometimes my "friends" will make plans to go out and do things together (usually happy hour after calsses, or perhaps metting up on a weekend) right in front of me, and not invite me along. It seems like I never see anybody outside of a school situation, as most of them are busy with there other friends.It really depresses me sometimes. I've also considered running off to be a world traveler, figuring nobody would really miss me. lately, however, i've begun to try to make new friends outside of school, generally via the internet (this site has given me 2 good friends already), and I think i'm getting to the point where i fell like I do matter to someone.

My advice is try to get out and meet more people, maybe even try an intenet personals site, you don't necessarily have top be looking for a dte for those to be effective. Try joining a web forum or two about one of your interests, thats a good way to meet some people you know you will have something to talk about with. Fell free to PM or Im me as well.

Don't worry, I'm sure there are people around you who care about you, they just might not showit as much as they should.

hope I helped,

mtastic

P.S. If all else fails and you need a traveling companion, I'm availabe to run off to europe next june afer I graduate.

Hey Blue Skittles,

We all feel this way and currently I am feeling the same as you... although not quite as much as wanting to run away... This is the reason why I joined eNotalone... so I could feel not alone..... makes sense ey??

Anyway I think that if you did leave without telling people... they would miss you you are having an affect on someone even if you don't know it.

Maybe this will help I just found it for you.

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presense that life is worth while. so when you are lonely, remember it's true somebody somewhere is thinking of you.

Let it go till you finish your degree... try make some new friends like ang3l2004 said... You might be the best thing since sliced bread...

• 4 years later...

Ha, this is from 2004. So this is like writing from a time machine. Well I know just how you feel Blue Skittles. Your post had me join this site, I don't even really know what this site is.

My thing, like anybody cares, is that I am a singer/song-writer for a band. When I started there was hardly a moment when people didn't want to be around me. I was always talking to somebody on the phone or over email or over myspace. It was awesome. I felt alive. However, through a series of changes of schedules, poorly phrased things I said, moves, and working on my band's album I've basically lost contact with all but a very small group of people, and now I'm loosing contact with them. I feel more alone than I ever had. Even though I often play shows to crowds...

I don't know that you guys even care, if you'll even read this...

I know how you feel.

I think its because were in a place where we feel we dont permanantly belong.

I think the trick is to find the most happiness possible in people who are WORTH your time and consideration. If you cant think of anyone you must not have found people who see the beauty in you.

Maybe a trip far away isnt a bad idea.