My Girlfriend is active on a dating website, any suggestions?

Anyone at any time can betray your trust.

Sooo true.

When I was dealing with those arguments with my ex (bf at the time) where he was angry and felt "disrespected" that my profile was still up on a dating site (even though I wasn't using it), he said, "If you don't mean to be dating, why don't you put it up on MySpace instead? [that was just before MySpace was crushed into oblivion by Facebook]"

LOL -- like social networking sites are no place where double-dipping, cheating, and sending inappropriate messages to someone other than your partner happens?

People argue that certain decorum should be followed because if you put "temptation" there, it's just playing with fire. Well, if you're "tempted" to do something you'll regret, your relationship is a ticking timebomb anyway. Don't blame the lighter -- blame the fuse.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people in relationships have no reason to keep dating profiles active. period.

it may not be ethical to delete another's by way of hacking/snooping/guessing at passwords

but the OP said she re-activated it.

for what reason?

spite? maybe.

i think not.

she was keeping her options open IMO.

whatever the reason, this partnership is over, and for the better.

*gasp*

correction, the OP didn't say that - DocBlaze did, he said she put her profile back up. no difference really. reeks of deceit. And some of you think it's fine to be critical and self-righteous, never caused anyone harm, or pain, or have been mean or unjust to another soul, right? Take a good look at yourselves and then, walk a mile in someone elses shoes.

Thank you Anthony,

yes you are right and I think this thread of mine actually got a little out of hand. I must admit I most certainly appreciate everyones help and advice...but sometimes not all advice is good advice and you have to decide for yourself wisely.

Some elements of my story had been taken out of context, and other parts added which didn't even happen (added by other members), sometimes communication can get out of hand and as stories develop they can change along the way such as Chinese Whispers.

The same goes for all our relationships, to listen and to communicate with clarity and honesty, this will of course enrich our relationships making us all stronger and better people. PEACE!

Archived