Guys taking advantage of girls

Here is my take on it..

If a girl is at the point of passing out, be it at a party or alone, the male should take care of her by taking her home/ helping. to take advantage of the girl would be complete cowardness. its just dumb.. your a loser if you do it b/c it shows that you couldn't get her in bed while she was able to think for herself... "hmm she said no, then drank so i took advantage of her then. shot sore".. see what i'm getting at.

I read your post twice and I'm confused: is your friend saying that it's okay to take advantage of a girl if she's at the point of passing out?! Because the answer to that would be a big fat NO.

That's not what he meant, right? Please tell me that's not what he meant. There can't possibly be people with such screwed up reasoning!

when a girl is drunk to the point of passing out, it isnt morally right to take advantage of her. the person/(s) who would do this basically have low self-esteem and probably dont care at all about the girl. the 'right' thing for the guy to do if the girl is so drunk would be to take her home. but of course, we dont live in a perfect world.

hey. im a girl lol but i feel that it is wrong for a guy to take advantage of a girl if shes like this. then again, if SHE drank herself to this type of state, or put herself in this condition through her own fault, i dont think its ok for a guy to take advantage of her, but i dont think he should be charged with rape. i know thats weird, but i think it is stupid for a guy to do that, but its stupid if a girl puts herself in a situation like that as well. there neeeds to be a common sense line to draw. just because we're girls doesnt mean we have to be STUPID. its a tough issue, i dont think its right by any means, and i think the guy would be totally insane himself, but i think both parties would be responsible and nobody should be "punished" if you know what i mean.

It is rape pure and simple. In this civilised country it is anyway thank god!

If it is ok to sleep with somebody who drank too much and passed out then it probably means you could also take advantage of somebody in a short skirt or skimpy clothes who was "asking for it"...right?

No!!!!!

Just because a girl stupidly drank herself to the point of passing out does not give somebody the right to have sex with her unconscious body.

Why would you want to sleep with somebody who was passed out anyway. Gross!

This is definitely NOT ok behaviour. It IS rape

That's not what he meant, right? Please tell me that's not what he meant. There can't possibly be people with such screwed up reasoning!

Those people with screwed up minds are called "Democrats".

Regarding the post, yeah I don't think like that and no one I know does either.

It's rape, plain and simple. To look at it in any other way is stupid and denies the victim her rights as a human being.

Listen, I'm a 25 year old male and was raped in the same scenario presented above. I tried to downplay it. I called it experimentation. It screwed up my entire life. I lost the only woman I've ever loved because of it. I pushed her away because I thought I was unlovable, dirty, damaged goods. I abused drugs and alcohol to the point of closing myself off from everyone, most importantly myself and my feelings. I suffered 3 to 4 panic attacks a day for over a year. I thought of suicide, etc, etc, etc.

I couldn't even have sex anymore. I thought I was abusing the woman and sometimes I would disconnect during sex. My body was there, but my mind and soul went someplace else.

Does goddess23 think that this guy who raped me should not be charged? Does someone out there want to tell me or try to explain to me that what happened was not rape? You can't. I know for a fact that you can't because I tried for a over a year to call it something else. I never and I mean I never called it rape. It was a friend who pointed it out to me.

Unless you've been raped or sexually abused you have no clue how it feels to be a victim. So please don't try and say it's not rape or try to explain it in another way. By doing so, we as a whole do not help to put an end to sexual abuse in this world. FACT- Date rape is the most common form of rape. The reason is that the victim will be less likely to report the crime. Alcohol and drugs are the weapon.

Take it easy everyone. I know I'm trying to.

Fusion

It is rape pure and simple. In this civilised country it is anyway thank god!

Its considered rape in most countries. To think that it's ok, is just ridiculous! I;'ve caught guys trying to get me drunk to take advantage of me & made them pay. I'd let them buy me drink after drink & then still leave with whoever I was supposed to leave with. One time I saw the guy the next week & he actually had the balls to yell at me for it! I made him feel like quite the idiot for it though

Well a general answer first, to be honest, i dont think it can be proven as rape unless the victim can prove that she didnt want it and put up a fight. But in this thread it would appear the girl doesnt fight it off and it happens.

Secondly this problem occurs quite often. The girl should make it plain and simply clear to the guy that nothing is going to happen if they intend to get that drunk. The guy is drunk himself and gets mixed signals from the girl.

Thirdly, this aint just a 1 way thing. Sure, its usually the guy who takes advantage of the women, but with how drunk some of us men get (seriously cant remember things), lots of us can get taken advantage of. Is that rape? Im sure he would get laughed at if he reported it as rape

Without trying to sound too harsh here, and think about this, if a guy cheats on his gf because he is incredibly drunk, that is considered as a pathetic excuse and his fault, yet people here think that if a girl gets incredibly drunk and lets this guy into her bed, its the guys fault again, she hasent done anything wrong and it can count as "rape" . Weird? Why isnt it the person who's drunk (be it a male or female) fault again?

Although in this situation your talking about, it sounds like the guy is just waiting there for the girl to get out of her face and then trying to take her to bed, which is totally wrong, and is definitely taking advantage of her, although she really needs to control what she is drinking. I don't think though that it would stand in court though as she hasent put up a fight.

Rape consists of a situation where:

One party is aware that the other does not consent OR is recklessly indifferent to whether the other person consents or not but intends to have sex regardless.

I think if a girl is only marginally conscious or unconscious then it is rape.

i dont think it is ok to do it when they are passing out that's basically rape. what i think is if the girl has had a few drinks to the point where she is simply drunk and has loosened up towards you then i would maybe do it. she might just have a buzz off the alcohol and can still communicate and understand her surroundings

hey ya'll. as i said, i dont think its right, but i just think both parties are responsible. i agree that its sick for anyone to do something like that, and as jonny said, rape needs to proven. but its just i think a person should have some type of control over yourself. but i agree i havnt been a victim in this way, and its hard to compare, but its a tough situation. i just feel that people need to realize that there are sick people out there and even though its wrong, its wrong to drink yourself to the point of this state, this is disrespecting your body. but no doubt that its wrong for people to take advantage of anyone no matter how they are, but it really depends on individual cases, because it does need to be proven. but the basic story of a girl being drunk and a guy raping her is wrong. but the girl has put herself at a higher risk and that doesnt give anyone the RIGHT to do anything to her, but she has to realize that it would be partly her fault.

So, following your reasoning then Goddess23,

Does that mean that if a girl wears a short skirt and then gets raped, it is partly her fault for putting herself at risk by wearing something so revealing?

Legally speaking, having sex with someone who is unconscious or very intoxicated IS rape.

A girl should avoid getting intoxicated to this point because there is sick people out there who are capable of raping them. But it doesn't mean that they are partly responsible for the crime themselves.

Yes, but im referring to the specific topic not any that may come around. dressing provoctively and drinking yourself to unconsciousness is two differnt issues. and the very last statement, thats what im saying, she is partly responsible for what has happened to her. and i agree that it should be considered rape, im just saying that i believe that the girl has partially put herself in a position that makes her more suseptable to rape-as you said.

but everybody has their own opinions and you're entitled to yours. and as i have mentioned before this is a touchy topic and one that is hard to truly judge when there can be so many factors that come into play in determining HOW WRONG it was, but i already said that it is wrong and that it is rape, but that she is taking a risk that she shouldnt be taking. and the world should be a place where you can dress anyway you want and walk down a dark alley way and not have anything happen to you but the world isnt that cotton candy place, and we have a responsibility to ourselves to at least respect our bodies.