Merry Christmas to all of us healing...and to everyone else too!

I know right? I went to bed feeling fine, and woke up immediately miserable. This post spoke out to me this morning, I feel like this completely. You are so not alone there. And I'll try to not let it get me down in the holidays either.

Glad to know I'm not the only one going through these emotions today, and I'm sure there are plenty more of us out there. As a general question though, what do people think about texting the ex a simple Merry Christmas? My only motive behind it would be just to be nice since Christmas was always a really important holiday for us. Any thoughts?

So I went ahead and sent him a simple "Merry Christmas!" message on Facebook just in an effort to be nice and thoughtful (I had to resort to Facebook because I erased his number from my phone a while ago). That was about 30 minutes ago. He's been online since, and I haven't received any sort of response at all. I wasn't asking for anything more than a "Merry Christmas" in return, and I honestly didn't think twice about him not responding, but now I'm definitely regretting my original message. It's only been 3 days of NC, and I thought it would be a simple, nice gesture. Obviously I was wrong.

No contact all the way.

If you break it, you either dont hear back, which sucks, or you hear back and its mean/neutral...and that sucks too. IT was nice of you to reach out though.

Dont regret it. If you meant it, just as a merry christmas. Dont sweat it

Christmas is hard...but new years just round the corner.

So I went ahead and sent him a simple "Merry Christmas!" message on Facebook just in an effort to be nice and thoughtful (I had to resort to Facebook because I erased his number from my phone a while ago). That was about 30 minutes ago. He's been online since, and I haven't received any sort of response at all. I wasn't asking for anything more than a "Merry Christmas" in return, and I honestly didn't think twice about him not responding, but now I'm definitely regretting my original message. It's only been 3 days of NC, and I thought it would be a simple, nice gesture. Obviously I was wrong.

Yeah I know how you feel there too, except I added I want to give you your present and I miss you. Crap that was a bad idea, I haven't even checked my e-mail and won't for awhile, not looking forward to what I get back if I get something. SN10 said it perfectly. You either don't hear back or get a crappy-neutral message. Definitely just have to move forward.

Archived