Askin' Her Out: Tips Please!

Ikatu

Hey everyone,

I need some advice here. At work, there's this new girl who I'm kinda diggin', and who knows, maybe she's diggin' me too but that's not the question here.

So basically, I'm not shy to start talking to girls, have convos, joke around or any of that, but, I am shy when it comes to asking them out on dates. So you experts out there, how do I ask her out? Do I just straight up say "Hey we should get together outside of work" next time I talk to her or is there a smoother, better way?

Oh, and I'm not exactly the best with flirting so maybe some tips in that dept could help too.

Thanks!

Think about where you'd take her for this date and what you'd do...

Then when she's not bussy and no one else is around to hear...

You walk up to her and tell her you have been thinking of getting

together with her after work and was wondering if she would be

interested. If she says yes, you can agree on the time and place.

If no, then you can say, okay another time then.

Remember to smile

Just remember that it's not really a big deal even if she turns you down. Embarrassment and fear are psychological barriers. If you tell yourself that it's not a big deal, then it becomes no big deal. And basically, people are influenced by the way you act. In other words, if you are really shy around someone, they tend to close themselves off more too. But if you are outgoing or carefree around people, they will probably be more that way as well. So if you act like it's a casual get together and don't put any pressure on the situation, then you should do fine. Just make sure she sees that you are relaxed and cool about it. Asking a girl out shouldn't be something to dread. It's a GOOD THING. You are hoping to spend more time with the person that you like, so you should be focusing on those positives.

I did it and she said she has met somebody else so she couldn't go. Thanked me for asking though. She was really nice about it. I don't feel that bad, just a bit deflated and a bit low. I never really thought she would say 'yes' though.

I've had loads of comments about her from other co workers and I think they were all just taking the piss to be honest. They weren't matchmaking or anything like that. A bit cruel to be honest. I guess I was just the joke bloke who had a crush on the stunning blonde.

lol - I think they comes a time when you have to do it. I have reached that point. Doing it via facebook (crap I know) but it was the only practical way of doing it. I can't go on like I am.

Sorry buddy, that was a lousy move.[-X

Always ask face to face.

But either way you tried. Good job.

Didn't really have chance face to face since I don't see her out of work. And work is always too busy. I'm glad I've done because it does change how you feel. Haven't met her yet so I hope that doesn't prove to be awkard. I think the main reason asking was to 'get it out of the way' - I never thought she would say 'yes'

Archived