I guess marriage is not for everyone.

As I take a look back going through the stages of being engaged to married life I guess for me somehow it has thrown me off, way off actually. 2 years later after the divorce I finally come to terms with that I have made the biggest mistake of my life and married the wrong man and I wish I could take it all back. 6 days after the marriage itself I knew I wanted out. Sounds ridicoulas huh ? I knew for a fact that we wouldn't get along, I knew that he was under his mother's control, I just didnt stop it and I wish I did. I guess a part of me was scared to let go so soon I dont know why I stayed. I knew when things were getting worst I wanted to pull the plug, everything went wrong. I wished that when we did part way that it would end up in good terms but unfortuanly it was not like that. I didnt want my parents to go through out of their way to spend over thousands of dollars on our engagment party. I guess marriage is not for everyone. I wouldn't mind a longterm but how can you find someone that wants the same thing you do ? And not be marriage material ? That itself its tough.

If you find someone who you actually like being with and who suits you, marriage doesn't need to be an issue. It sounds like the problem with your first relationship was not that you got married, but that you weren't really crazy about him in the first place.

The problem you need to address is that you need to avoid repeating the mistake of staying with someone just because it's easy next time. There is nothing wrong with admitting something isn't working, and it's far better to do that before you've made expensive commitments!

Some people will only really commit to a relationship once they are married,

which I think is kind of sad. Marriage has it's good sides, but it sure does

have many draw-backs as well. I imagine that many people are able to compromise

when it comes to marriage. For instance, if you find someone you like and they

like you back, then you might be able to persuade them that marriage or

not getting married, is the better thing to do, in your case. . .

There are lots of people who don't hold an all-or-nothing idea about marriage. I've never married, and while I'm not 'against' it, I'm not all that interested in it, either. I don't feel alone in that position, and I never have. When you're on the other side of a divorce, chances are, you'll meet plenty of other divorced people who would like a relationship without the weight of any automatic need to make it a marriage. I wouldn't trouble yourself with trying to spin generalities. Look forward and allow the future to teach you what it holds.

One out of ten marriages are truly happy.

Two out of ten are somewhat happy.

Another one out ten is not really that happy.

The remaining six are divorced, or in a stage of divorce.

Thus, it’s an easy assumption while looking back that most persons aren’t suited for marriage. I think otherwise. Poor role models, flawed decision making, (dating), over reliance on secular solutions, (they always fail), and refusal to educate oneself causes most failed marriages.

There’s nothing better than a good marriage. Getting there is the problem.

Archived