What is the point of marriage?

FreakAndUnique

Yep, my ex. We broke up last Nov, I joined ENA, and met CS. I was a complete mess back then, as we all are during that initial break up phase. I have come a long way.

I know! It's starting to feel more 'real' now that we are getting so close!

In that case I'm going to read your love story LOL!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freak.. I don't think you want to hear this and because of that you won't hear this - but I do believe that most people in western liberal traditions get married because of love and commitment. I.e. because they want to express their love and commitment to their partner forever. The legal and social benefits are great extras - but I think its that romantic reason of love and commitment that is the main motivator.

Freak.. I don't think you want to hear this and because of that you won't hear this - but I do believe that most people in western liberal traditions get married because of love and commitment. I.e. because they want to express their love and commitment to their partner forever. The legal and social benefits are great extras - but I think its that romantic reason of love and commitment that is the main motivator.

Agreed.. that's why most people get married. Ask many who are married for their reasons and they'll state just that..

Archived