i am going to apologize in advance if i offend anybody... there is no need for this forum because if people actually are seeking help or trying to get advice then they really dont want to die. I say get over yourself, and stop trying to act like you are actually going to kill yourself because although it does happen not many people will seek advice about it before doing it they are usually too far over the edge.

My advice for all of you is to think about all of the GOOD things you would leave behind and how all of your loved ones would feel and how they would handle... I know that i would never kill myself just because of my family and my friends and how they might react.

PLEASE DONT COMMIT SUICIED!!!!! YOU WILL GET THROUGH WHATEVER IT IS THAT'S MAKING YOU FEEL THE WAY YOU DO...

I agree, and I don't think that you should apologise at all, because I feel the same way. There are a lot of people on here, in my opinion, who are seeking attention by posting false threats of suicide, self harm, and what have you. I do not think that it is fair to the other people on this board who are actually seeking help. It draws attention away from the people who are sincere, and who really need advice.

So please, stop your threats. If you really are suicidal, express your concerns in a way that doesn't involve "omg. Im gunna swallow all these pills. Tell me how 2 die." No one is going to tell you how to die. That is ridiculous.

I'm really glad you started this thread, as I was thinking the exact same thing.

I actually disagree.

People come to this forum for help. Maybe they aren't really considering suicide, maybe they really are, maybe they just need attention so they say they will kill themselves just so that they can get help. The point is, if they have any of these thoughts, they need serious help. This forum is what thats here for.

I agree with you on the fact that anyone who is seeking advice because they have suicide thoughts, don't really want to die. They don't think this way though. Most people who are having suicide thoughts are scared. They think they want to die because they think its the only way out.

I think this is a very useful & helpful forum. People need a place to come when they thinking in any way about suicide.

I disagree as well... For my own purpose, suicide is one of the forum that people can study upon and find trends in. Not to mention people who DO want to suicide *may not* post something up here, but they might come accross this website and read people's advice

I don't know where you got that "people who really wants to suicide wouldn't seek help" statement from, I personally heard of it before as well a couple of times. But I'm not sure if it's reliable enough to claim such a statement as the absolute truth. If everyone follows your claim and ignore the ones in need of help, i think that would be dangerous.

Lastly, some people (including me), post advice for the sake of wanting to feel we're contributing, why take that opportunity away from us?

Alright physicologists here's a question for you smart guys, what about the people looking for words to ACTUALLY save them? Huh? What about them? If we can help them find good in their life it might just stop them from taking their life. Who says it wont!? I remember one person who actually had a hand gun ready until he came to a site like this!(I have the site linked some where.) THIS is what the forum is for.

"I say get over yourself, and stop trying to act like you are actually going to kill yourself because although it does happen not many people will seek advice about it before doing it they are usually too far over the edge. "

Yes but we can prevent it from getting to that point. And what do you mean it doesn't happen to many? Have you counted? Do you have statistics?

Even if it is fake(A post by someone.) you shouldn't take the thread lightly.

I disagree, because its not just the people who are thinking about killing themselves that might want to use this forum, it would also be used by people who have had someone close to them commit suicide, or are worried that someone close to them is going to, and gives them somewhere to talk.

Well mang why is it that i posted possible suicidal thoughts on this forum a couple of times.Then i end up popping 25 pills trying to kill myself just the other day so i think this forum can help man because i wasnt putting "false Threads" on here about what i was thinking i was saying the truth.

Hmm... I think this might be getting a little out of context...

Well I hope people aren't taking offense to my post, because I think there are better ways to go about asking for help than to just ask how to die and all that sort of jazz... Maybe it's just me, I don't know. I know that I've been struggling with severe clinical depression for years, and set my first date to kill myself at 12, so I know how suicidal people feel (well, as best as I can from my own experience... I know where they are coming from)

I do think that this forum is useful though, because for every false threat, there are like, 100 valid ones (exaggeration, but you know what I mean.) I don't think that this forum should disappear or anything, because I've read almost all the threads and have learned a lot about myself and other people. I think the point of this particular thread was to kinda get people's attention and realise that there are people on this forum who really do need the help, but there are others out there who are kinda...taking it away from them?

I don't know, I can't defend the author because I don't know their intentions, I can only defend why I agreed to a point...

OK heres what i was gettin at...

askin for help on this forum is like calling 911 to tell them that you are on a bridge waitin to jump off and kill yourself. (it does happen... my dad is a firefighter and this has happened many times that i know of) The people that called 911 probably really didnt want to die, am i right? do you see what im getting at here?

so basically, why tell somebody you're gonna kill yourself? the only reason would be to try to get them to stop you. and if you want for them to stop you then you really dont want to die in the first place. am i right here?

if you want to die then get a gun and get it over with. as Trigve said.

also to johnagent1911, i didnt say it didnt happen to many... what i did say is, " although it does happen, not many people will seek advice about it before doing it. they are usually too far over the edge."

I never said it doesnt happen to many because i actually do not know the exact or even relative number...

I agree and disgree myself.

I believe this forum should exist for the people really contemplating it. However I have to admit that I think many people who use it are crying out for help. This is fair enough, but they use unfair titles for their threads like "Im going to kill myself, but how?", it is just begging for attention. If they are going to do it, why are they telling every1 else? It is easy to do, but they are looking for people to stop them. They put people in sensitive positions and not only that but in almost every instance the person hasent done anything in which case it just goes to show that the person wasent going to do it anyway, it was just a cry for help (unless somehow someone said something which no1 else has said before which made the poster change their mind). In which case a title like "I am having suicidal thoughts, please help." would be an appropriate title to get a discussion going about their thoughts.

Most people who have decided they are going to commit suicide usually go through with the act of an attempt. It is a big decision to make obviously and some1 saying "dont do it, life will get better" has probably been said a thousand times to them and the problem is that the person involved doesnt believe that, hence why they are going through with it.

I have to admit I think of suicide myself, but I don't think I would ever go through with it because of several reasons. Family/friends, I think life can get better, ultimately scared of death as well. Im going through a real rough stage in my life, feel so empty, feel so alone, feel so useless, so suicidal thoughts are probably common for people in the same boat as me.

What worries me is the amount of people who are like between 10-18 who say they have had suicide attempts. They havent even seen the real world yet and not really given it a chance. Im 22 and I dont think i've given it a real chance yet.

Ultimately, it is quite easy to commit suicide. So in most cases once again it is a minor attempt with the hope some1 will stop/save them, this has been proven in research. It is very simple to wait for the house is clear and neck 50+ aspirins or something, or slit your wrists, blow your head off (countries with firearms) etc.

So yes, definitely keep this forum, but it would be nice if people treated it with more respect/maturity.

in advance,i apologize for the long post that i think may be coming. as well, i apologize for anyhbody i offend, or any ideas, things i say, etc. that you do not like.

for the most part, this post is directed to raders:

well, lets start with the easy, smaller point i will make. yes, i agree iwth you to a degree. while i do not ihabit these forums frequently, i do generally come here and post when i am feeliing depressed and bored. rofl. anyway, i have yet to see a post that didn't seem reasonable (in this suicidal thread/part of the forum). however, i will give you that there is at least one post like that. and, i agree, these posts should not be posted. suicide is a serious issue, and when you talk about it, you are taken seriously, or should. an example would be the person who thinks to kill him/herself after loosing a bf/gf. yes, this person is depressed, yes this person is hurt. but, for the most part, many of these people feel better in the morning. and, maybe instead of posting in the suicide forum, they should find one more, symathetic, to their causes.

ok, now the long rant. rof. i completely disagree with you that if you post here, you are not really commited, or willing to commit, to suicide. (for this post, i shall disregard those who post on behalf of friends, etc. for those posts are completely legit, and should not be agrued with). for this post, i shall use myself as an example. yes, i am suicidal. yes, i have tried to kill myself, have been in a hospital for depression/suicidal thoughts, and should be on meds. and, so you ask, why don't i just go kill myself? i assure you, i am most ready to die, and could care less what happens to my life, so long as it is terminated. yet, i post because, for osme odd reasojn or another, i just stare at the bottle of pills, instead of downing them. so, in a sense, i am working it out with myself what is inhibiting me from doing so. as well, suicide is something that obviously cannot be taken back. and for some (i.e. the ones who don't do it 'in the spur of the moemnt'), it is something we have given much thought to. and i, for one, want to make sure that there really is not another way. that is also another reason i pst here. to see if perhaps there is something o have overlooked the many nights i stare at my celing and think... rofl.

ok, done for that part. about your 911 call thing. yes, i know this sort of stuff happens. and the reason i believe itg does, is because some peoploe are not cappable, or cannot find a way, to tell someone that would/can help them. and so by attempting suicide, or the appearance or such, the person is getting, without a doubt, into everyone's head that they no longer wish to live...

well, that is my view on things. srry if it seems a little, harsh, but, to be blunt, i really did not like your post (though respected it. etc.), and hope to help you understand that you can come to a place like this, and post, yet truly wish to die....

I think that some people post they are going to kill themselves, with every intention of doing it because they can't think of a reason to live. They might feel they don't want to do it but because they can't think of a reason to live they will anyway. By posting, they may be looking for assurance to the side of them that doesn't want to do it, giving them a reason to live if you will.

The fact is, it happens. This forum is helpful to many & they need this.

I'll agree, some people do go a little overboard. Maybe its just how they are feeling at the time. The point is that it does happen & these people need help either way.

i know from experiance that people do come on here post up and then actually attempt to commit suicide so im sure that there are the few that have succeeded also, i had someone add me and then follow through with a very good attempt, so i can assure you that it happens, it may be at that moment they have a state of mind that is capable of opinions to be noted to draw them back into a positive view of life but i can also assure you that putting down on words everything that makes them feel so bad when other ask why they would commit suicide or the original post can put them over the edge, a person may attempt and try for there life or at least attempt to explain as others do in suicide notes, i believe that this may for some be a cry for help, it maybe be that its a boost into reality, but for others its writing down how they feel to ensure this is something theyknow in their heart is going to happen.

people do commit suicide, but they go with a fight, leave this forum up, it does help, and computerguy is right, it may be a post indirectly helping others!

kel