Piercing infection?

bapbapbap

Can somone please help me here.

My brother got his ear cartilage pierced in september, he put a hoop earing in it about 2 weeks ago (i don't think your meant to until 3 months)

He has cleaned it everyday without fail, but now there is a red lump on his ear and its very painful. I have no piercings and am not familiar with them at all, he asked me for help as he is embarresed to tell anyone else but i dont know what to do or tell him I said to go to the doctor for a check but does this sound like an infection?what should he do?

any advice would be great thanks

It sounds like an infection. If I wear earings that arent silver/gold or are especially non alergic I get lumps as well like that, like build up of pus cos of infection.

Mine ususally clear up by themself if I clean the area, however if it doesnt go away. I would go to the doctor. Or call the person that did the piercing for their advice.

My ears do this everytime they get pierced and it's a nightmare to heal. He needs to clean it out really well and keep up with it. Make sure not to touch them and don't take the earring out. (It needs to drain.)

Putting the new hoop in has made the cartilege freak out (I sleep on the side of my head my earrings are in) and he needs to minimise any trauma it might get. A piercing isn't like trying to heal just any kind of wound, it's trying to heal it around a foreign body - and your body will try to get it out.

Nothing much to add that hasn't already been said.

I have had an eyebrow piercing for a little over 3 months now, and it is mostly healed (even after getting it replaced after an accidental head collison with a car door). I also made sure to check prior to the appointment what kind of metal was used (it is a grade of titanium), because I have a nickel allergy.

Archived