Can't believe I still have this problem..

I still dunno how to ask this guy out that I like.

I saw him this week and it looks like he still likes me He looked at me alot, mirrored stuff I did. Smiled when I talked to him and had a glaze in his eyes. I *think* his friends were teasing him cos I heard them teasing him for waiting for someone and him liking whoever it was. I dunno if they ment me or not, but it might have been cos I think I was the only girl left to leave. I actualy talked to him for awhile, but when I open my mouth to ask him out no words came out! lol. I look at him and freeze! He's always surround by guys and I can't seem to get him alone. My friend suggested giving him a note, but that seems a bit childish since he's about 20 something. I don't have any mutal friends to find out how he feels about me. I really like him alot! but I have no idea what to actualy say.. or how I'm going to say it when his friends are always there any advice please? I only see him once a week and I'm really running out of time. I think he's too shy too ask me too.

I'm not scared of rejection. I'm scared of asking him in front of his friends and sounding lame lol.

Thanks

- Starkitty

During one of your conversations with him just say "We should go out for coffee sometime" and then right your number down for him. If a girl did this to me I'd call her. Honestly though, here comes the cynic , do you really want a guy that isn't man enough to ask you for your number. Anyway give it a try, I'd definatly buy a girl a cup of coffee for that move.

Who the hell cares if he doesn't like coffee, the point is to get your number to him. And if he wouldn't go for something like(IE: the biggest most obvious hint you give a guy before flat out telling him to take you out) then he is a freaking idiot.

Laughing at Dopestar's post...

Anyway, I feel for you, it's nerve-wracking that this guy's friends are around all the time. Where do you see him at? School? I'm trying to figure out how you can get him away from his friends to ask him...subtly of course...you could always make a witty remark like, so, I see you're with your posse again...do they ever let you go out at night alone?? Or are they making you wait until you're 21? Than bat your eyes flirtatiously. That will make you look confident, and possibly make them look stupid. At which point they'll hopefully get the hint and beat a hasty retreat or your guy will get your hint...

does anyone have any other suggestions? This is an interesting problem. She says she's not worried about him saying no, but understandably who wants to ask someone out in front of a gallery of inquisitive viewers???

Thanks for all ur advice

I'm gonna ask him in front of his friends since I'm never gonna get him alone. please let me know what you think of this?

If we start talking again I'm going to ask if he has a gf.. if he says yes then I'll say she's a lucky girl and nothing more. If he says no I'll say would you be interested in getting to know me better? I'm just gonna go for it and ask him in front of his friends. If I can grow some balls by then.

That's gonna take some balls, all right. I'm not sure if I'd pose the question like that to him. Why don't you just think of something in advance and ask him if he's interested in going with you? If he says, I can't, then wait to see if he follows up with another idea. If he doesn't, you can always make a joke out of it and look at the group of guys and say, ok, which one of you wants to be my back-up plan? Most likely everyone will laugh and you can pleasantly laugh with them, then say, oops, running late, gotta go...then run to the nearest bar and order yourself a well-deserved shot!

I would get him to go somewhere with you, then ask him. Thats what I would do with a girl.

Just say "can you come with me for a moment?" or "Can I borrow you a second".

Perhaps have some task you need help with or something, like elsewhere, and ask him to come help you, then while your doing it, pop the question. Just say somehting simple like "Do you want to go on a date sometime?".

If he brags about it to his friends or whatever, and he rejects you, just make some come back denying you did that, or make out he was joking.

Thanks for all the advice!

I've decided to give up on him because I've liked him since March and he's never really made the effort to talk to me or do anything! and I'm always the one that starts a convo or trys to talk to his friends. Maybe he's shy, but if he really liked me he'd make the effort. I'm very shy and I've tried. Even though he's shown alot of signs that he likes me I don't think anythings gonna happen because he won't do anything and it shouldn't be left for me to make the move all the time.

So I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead..

Thanks for ur advice!

- A confused Starkitty

Don't give up on him that easily starkitty! Have you dropped hints while your chatting to say that you like him? It could be that he's feeling exactly the same as you at the moment, but just doesn't want to ask because he doesn't know for sure Have you flirted with him a lot? Try asking him questions about himself and about his family. Make him feel good about himself.

Remember that if you like him and your want him your going to have to put a lot of effort into it... Sometimes guys need major hints i.e. winks and big smiles to let them know that you like him.

Give him subtle clues and it will go along way to seeing how he reacts.

Don't give up yet, give him a chance and just see how it goes.

I hope I've been helpful in someway or form, all the best

I don't know how to drop hints without looking desperate. He's always surrounded by people and I'm too shy to do anything

I have no idea what to say to him because I'm too shy to say anything infront of his friends.

What does it mean if someone looks at you everytime they text someone? Even if your the oppersite side of the room? and kinda hide the phone when they receive a message?

No one really talked last time I saw him so it was harder to randomly start talking to him and I have no idea how to ask about him or his family.

Any ideas on how to drop hints without looking a fool?

Thanks

- Starkitty

What does it mean if someone looks at you everytime they text someone?

Well this has happened to me recenltly, I'd like to think that the girl is texting someone else and talking about me, but it could be that he might not want you to look at his mobile...

As for dropping hints, couldn't you seem more interested in what he is doing i.e. reading something in a magazine, ask him about it show him that you interested in him, but not desperate! lol Have you tried touching him flirtingly on the back? You could also mention what your up to at night and asking him what he's doing?

Maybe then he could put two and two together......

Give subtle hints and he'll probably understand because most guys do (well I do anyway.... lol)

Good luck, and please let me know how things go.

Thanks I'm nowhere near his phone when he looks it or hides it There no way I could see from where I'm sat. lol if I touched him on the back he might get worried because I hardly speak to him so this might scare him.

The problem is no one really talks (in the whole class) so it's like cutting the atmosphere with a knife. I'd be the only one in the room talking which means everyone will hear what I say.

At break time he hangs around with friends so I'm anxious about approching them.

I've been trying to think of ways to drop hints. I was gonna wink at him when he looks at me and wolf whistles when he leaves (cos he's done that to me twice) When I'm near him it's like my whole body freezes.. When he's not there I can talk to people.

I think I only have one week left to ask him out.. So I really need to think of something by then.

Thanks alot for ur advice and ideas!!! You've really helped alot!

I didn't see him, but I talked to his friend. His friend is going to talk to my crush about me. Theres stuff that I'm confused is a good thing or a bad thing, but I better not type it here incase his friend comes here.

He went to see my crush straight after class and his friend waited behind to ask me stuff. My crush should know how I feel by now and I'll find out how he feels next time I see him which will be next week.

The note thing is a great idea. It's not childish at all. I had a woman hand me a note, and it made me feel great. It's very flattering to a man.

Here's what you should do: write a small note, suggesting you two go for some coffee or lunch or whatever. When you pass by him quickly, stuff the folded up note in his hand and walk away. That's it. He can't reject you in your face, because you walked away! And he can't tell a note "no" either. If he agrees to go out with you, he'll call you, or vice versa if he hands you a note in return.

Good Luck. I hope you get him.

I will give you a more childish idea (but do not take it too seriously), you know those Shakespear comedies...

Go to the guy and tell him that a certain girl likes him, befriend him this way and discover who he truly is, then see if he can handle the truth about you?

Sorry, this is not helpful but my head is spinning of serious advice Good luck!