"Masculine" women, "feminine" men and infertility

newwave

What happened to what you said yesterday about focusing on your career?? You really need to stop hoping he'll contact you and get on with your life. And stop thinking about your fertility because good or bad, you can't change it. I understand that pregnancy is one of your goals and while I don't think it'll happen for you, if you're as serious about it as you say you are, start taking steps to achieve it. By that I mean, focus 100% on finding a job, meet NEW people, save money. Less time posting on a forum equals less time to obsess about some guy who never calls you.

That's not a nice thing to say and almost in contradiction with your next statements.

OP, there's plenty of women who are attracted to more feminine looking men.

Yep, I mostly like feminine faces and masculine bodies.

As for me being muscular if I wanted to I could be a bodybuilder. However because I don't lift weights all the time I'm not at that level. When I do workout a lot though I get big and bulky which is why I switched to yoga. I have no fat at all on my legs and arms and they are solid.

I HIGHLY doubt you 'could be a bodybuilder' because you get bulky by basically looking at weights. As a competitive bodybuilder who's been lifting for over a decade (and who is a mesomorph naturally) I can assure you whatever you have in your head about what 'muscular' means for a woman is a far cry from an actual bodybuilder. It's a sport of time and takes YEARS to build a truly muscular physique. As women, we have 1/10th of the testosterone men do so you cannot just 'get bulky' by lifting for a short period of time. That bulk that you think you see is likely blood volume. Also, if you have 'no fat' on your legs that means you can see every separation of all the quad and ham muscles and veins everywhere - a look I only get when I'm close to being on stage and I stay fairly lean year round.

I compete as a heavy weight and I've had my hormones checked and I'm in the normal zone for all hormones - not even high normal. There is not a correlation here that you seem to think. As far as I know, I'm very fertile.

If you get a hormone panel done by your doctor you will have your answer. Also, my ex, who had a deeper voice than many women and was also quite built also wondered if her testosterone was higher. She was tested and it wasn't. The doctor was clear that there was no scientific correlation between the two.

I am a mesomorph and yes I am aware it takes years to be a bodybuilder. I was not talking about that, but rather that I build muscles easily which I do. I have been working out for years and was an athlete and a dancer so yes I have arms and legs with muscles separated. I meant no offense to bodybuilders at all and know it takes a lot of work.

That's not a nice thing to say and almost in contradiction with your next statements.

It really was, which is why I ignored it. It reminds me of the people who say because I won't date dads I'll never find anyone at all. No one knows whether I'll get pregnant or not but it is something I am working on now. If the one I want doesn't come around I will actively date to find someone looking to get married and have a child within 2 years. I'm actually going to talk to my doctor about storing eggs because this might prolong my fertility, especially if I go through menopause before I can have kids.

???What??

I'm not seeing the contradiction. The main reason I don't think it'll happen for the OP is because she wants a guy who doesn't want her back. Kinda hard to achieve a pregnancy that way no?

I am a mesomorph and yes I am aware it takes years to be a bodybuilder. I was not talking about that, but rather that I build muscles easily which I do. I have been working out for years and was an athlete and a dancer so yes I have arms and legs with muscles separated. I meant no offense to bodybuilders at all and know it takes a lot of work.

I think the point she was trying to make was referencing the ability to become a body builder very easily. Theres a difference between being toned and of being bodybuilder form.

But I think she also spoke to the point about the correlation between muscles and testosterone - and to point there was no correlation between the two. So I think if there are any infertility issues, the masculinity and testosterone would not be the cause.

???What??

I'm not seeing the contradiction. The main reason I don't think it'll happen for the OP is because she wants a guy who doesn't want her back. Kinda hard to achieve a pregnancy that way no?

I guess you didn't see my previous post, but I have a timeline and then if he doesn't come back by the spring I am going to actively date for what I want. My goal is to be engaged the following year to try to conceive a child. Honestly at this point if he doesn't come back then I will just find any guy who wants to have a family and who fits my qualifications (never married no kids who wants to marry and have kids). I am fine with this and if by chance this doesn't happen then I may consider adoption or freezing my eggs (which I'll check into as well).

I guess you didn't see my previous post, but I have a timeline and then if he doesn't come back by the spring I am going to actively date for what I want. My goal is to be engaged the following year to try to conceive a child. Honestly at this point if he doesn't come back then I will just find any guy who wants to have a family and who fits my qualifications (never married no kids who wants to marry and have kids). I am fine with this and if by chance this doesn't happen then I may consider adoption or freezing my eggs (which I'll check into as well).

So you would be okay with having children with a complete stranger???

And I'm with everyone else, what kind of man you go for does not dictate if you are infertile or not.

So you would be okay with having children with a complete stranger???

And I'm with everyone else, what kind of man you go for does not dictate if you are infertile or not.

No, not a complete stranger. I mean I would date him for a year then he would propose and we'd get married. Like I said I don't even care if I love him, love is over for me. I just want a man before I go through menopause.

Sorry, I havent read the rest of this thread, but you said your gyno said you were a-ok on the ability to conceive font didn't she? So you'll be fine.

She assumes so since I don't have any underlying issues. My reproductive system is pretty healthy though I did have a LEEP. I am not overweight or smoke, which would make it harder. When I am close to having a child, I will have her run a complete checkup. She said many women older than me are having babies.

Archived