What is "your" song?/What makes a good song for a couple?

Fudgie

I think what makes a good song for a couple is just something that means something to them. You can't just "pick out" a song, it needs to come from a joint experience. Otherwise, it just seems weird and forced. It needs to be something that when you both hear it, you think of each other and your relationship.

I've known some people who had one person in the relationship just "come up" with a song and they didn't really like it, but felt bad to say no so I felt sort of bad for them.

So what is your song, if you are with someone? Or what do you think makes a good song for a couple?

For me and my boyfriend, our "song" is "Angel Mine" by Cowboy Junkies.

Youtube link:

He told me that he liked that song, thought it would be a good "kissing" song but he hadn't tried it out. I heard it and fell in love with it. I played it for him (along with other stuff) but when that song came on we just started kissing. His eyes got teary, which is something I RARELY see. It really touched me. I will always think of him when I hear this song.

I love the lyrics too. We have both been hurt in the past and the song reflects some of that "worry", as well as not being perfect, but talks about still loving someone despite that and being loyal to each other.

Lyrics (if you're interested):

So what about you???

• 3 weeks later...

A romance topic instead of sex! Nice! lol

I used to be embarrassed to admit it actually but Gavin Rossdale's "Love Remains the Same".. Summer 2008, I was 17 and he was 18. We spent the entire week at Myrtle Beach with two of his friends and I remember the drive in it was just us two and we heard the song so many times that you'd think we'd both be sick of it, but we still blast it on those romantic days from time to time.

The second, but not as important one, is Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You"...The video reminds me so much of Stin and I..from the growing up together to the play fighting. Just a really cute song and video.

Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet by Kenny G.

That's what we used at the wedding, and hubby sometimes plays it if I'm in the other room and he wants my attention. Our pre-wedding song was Love Story by Taylor Swift, so we just went a little more grown up but stayed on the same theme. We'll never hear it randomly, which kind of stinks, but I love it when he plays it just because.

The song that would come up would be - Trey Songz - Can't help but wait

My bf and I met while we were working together. He would see the arguments that I would get into with my ex, and he always told me that I deserved better. One day he made me a cd with a mixture of songs that he said he liked, and it just so happens that one of the songs was - can't help but wait. I had no idea that all the songs that he made was a dedication of how he truly felt for me. It wasn't until months later that I realized his true feelings for me.

Archived