Date Idea, Good or Bad?

Jon

I've been jumping between girlfriends the last year or so, mostly because they've been dumping me, or I dump them, because they're just too boring, and they never want to do anything fun.

I've found a pretty, attractive girl, that I've known both as a friend to me, and also as a friend to a lot of the girls I know and have grown up knowing.

I've heard it from one of her friends that she actually likes me, which I think is really awesome, and so I've been thinking about planning a good first date for us. Basically, I figure, I want a good idea of exactly what we're going to do before I ask her out.

Anyway, she's the fashion guru type of girl. She dresses well, she likes nice clothes, and she takes every fashion class in school she can. She's a shopper, she gets nice clothes from good stores, bugt she doesn't pay too much for them.

Anyway, for our first date I figured it might be cool for us to go out to like a matinee at the movie theaters and then after the movies, we could walk into the mall (connected to the theater) and do a little shopping.

I figured, we could walk around and shop a little. I could let her pick out some clothes for me, (she always jokingly tells me I need new clothes which isn't completely untrue, my clothing of choice is old sports t-shirts from soccer and baseball uniforms)

And maybe she could pick out something she liked for herself, and I could buy whatever she picked out for both of us.

Money really isn't an option for me, or at least as long as this doesn't become such a regular thing for us. Basically, I really want to her to like me, but I don't want to seem desperate. I'm afraid that if I do this she might decide that she likes me for the wrong things, and that she's just dating me for the gifts. But I've known her for a while, and I'm pretty confident in my trust in her. And I trust her enough that she wouldn't abuse this.

So I guess what I'm asking is if this is an okay idea for a first date, or wether I should hold off on it until I'm sure she's staying.

And if this isn't such a good idea, can anyone give me any other good ideas for a good first date with her? I know she'll go out with me, it's just the idea of keeping her...

I think it can be a good idea. The movies would be something that I'd prefer for a later date as well, but if you guys go shopping afterwards and talk together I think that can be a good date. It shows you're caring about her interests (because honestly, how many guys enjoy shopping as a pastime? well.. straight guys..) but it may not give you guys a great chance to get to know each other, although it can..just try to steer the conversation away from clothes a bit as well..

But I agree with the above poster: bowling or a trip to the beach or something along those lines may give you a better chance to get to know her.

Hi,

I don't think this is a good idea for a first date. Also, if you are asking then you aren't sure either and thats a bad sign right there. You don't want to buy her you want to show her you care about her. That will mean more to a nice girl in the long run. trust me.