This is where it gets complicated

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heres the thing they always say at first they dont mind and they say it because they are caught of guard you blind sided him when you told him he wasnt even expecting it you didnt give him a chance to fully grasp and comprehend the fact you told him you were bi and you didnt give it anytime you just rushed right in and told him you liked him which just kinda slapped him in the face you should have waited given him a chance to take it all in

@willowpillow, pardon me, but if you followed and read the whole thread, you'll notice how much effort and strategies the OP has put into expressing his true feelings for someone. Not a lot of people have the guts for exposing themselves especially at a young age of 14.

@doubtfull, we'll you didn't eff up. He just didn't turn out how you wanted him to be. The reply you got from him just wasn't what you are hoping for. It's not the end of the world, brother, it might just be good because you know someday or another you'll not be able to see him regularly like you currently do. Please believe that the world doesn't revolve around someone Instead, think about the hardships you have endured along the path to your Mr. Tuba and laugh it off. Surely, you will find somebody different and might even turn out to be someone you didn't expect. You've experienced what it's like to chase after someone, now my advice to you is to amp up your image (groom, workout w.e) so you'll get chased by someone like you did with Mr. Tuba (just to keep your mind occupied by something else) Best of luck. Keep us updated

-medicine

Thanks medicine. And I've decided he can eff off. Sorry for curseing earlier. I sent him a long apology over myspace, knowing that in person he wouldn't talk to me, and here he would have to atleast read it, and you can tell when someone reads a message on facebook. He read it, but didn't even dignify it with a response. So, if he won't even reply to an apology, I don't want to date him. Now, he couldn't get me if wanted to. But thank you SOOOOO MUCH for helping me through this Seriously, I couldn't have done this without this site. Thanks

@willowpillow=A-Game123, same bitter view on responses and same misspellings. STFU! Your kinda late on commenting on the situation. Instead of being a catty mofo and telling him what he should have done, try sticking to the event and give a comforting respone instead.

@doubtfull, I'm sure you don't want to get with someone like that. Not even a response to an apology and he's not even talking to you now. Dude, I doubt that he will act the same towards you again But it's his fault for being untrue to his word with being cool with all of this. You've been a really good sport, and sooner or later this will all happen again and who know, maybe you'll get it this time. Now I think its time to focus on yourself but with all this chasing after Mr. Tuba, I'm sure you have a lot of things to catch up on (or not, if you are multitasking). It's been fun giving advices, I'm happy that someone took them seriously and I'm glad that I got to help someone out. Whenever you need something just ask.

-medicine

Lol, thanks. And I was half expecting it to begin with. I'm kinda waiting for an awkward moment between us (that only he'll feel and I won't, lol) and I'll tell him I was over him the moment he didn't bøther replying. And whats funny, is I'm not mad at him, if he talks to me, I won't hesitate to respond, but I won't jump on it either. I guess this just lead me to indifferance. So, I guess I'll still post on here as long as others do too, and if you'll excuse me, I'm off to google to look up how to spell 'guess'. I think I've used about 3 different spellings on this thread. Lol.

I think my mind is playing tricks on me I think its not over him yet, and it's trying to make me believe he doesn't hate me. Like, we were in a specific formation, about to march, and he's no where near me. Well, when we moved there, he stood at the opening by me for a moment, about 2 seconds, and then moved to his spot. And we rode the bus to get to our competition. I was sitting with another tuba, we can call her tuba chick (what her dad calls her), but that was on the way there. When we left, it was dark out, and you needed to sit with someone of the same sex. I ended up sitting alone. But I didn't know this rule at first, so I began sitting with her, when Mr.Tuba got on the bus, walked past us a little bit, turned back and told us we couldn't sit together. I know those two things mean nothing, but if he hates me, wouldn't he just wait for me to get in trouble? And I doubt it, but my mind says it sensed a hint of jellousy in his voice. So, yea. My mind is playing tricks on me, and everyone thinks tuba chick and I are dating just cause we get along. >.

@ doubtfull, I can definitely relate, I know that feeling well. I just wanted to say that you're not alone, my heart goes out to you. Writing that sounds corny, but I don't know how else to put it. Hope things get better, and as they say, life goes on. Cheers.

Thanks, Elisian. Well, For a couple of days, it's been feeling like he just dislikes me, and is starting to lose some of that disgust. Today, the director for low brass was handing out passes after band practice, and Mr.Tube was standing behind me. He knew it had to be me, I am the only tuba with dark hair and a bubble wrapped tuba (long story, I'll explain later) and while I had my hand out awaiting a pass, he didn't hesitate to stick his out there too, and occasionally brushing my hand (perhaps showing he doesn't hate me (THIS IS WHAT MY MIND DOES TO TRICK ME, ALSO.)) Also, he sat by me when we were waiting inside for some fund raiser stuff, and nearly mirrored how I was sitting, no matter how I changed how I sat (within reason). And Tuba Chick and I have been talking a lot (in sign language), and when ever we 'talk', and I think it secretly drives him nuts. Anyway, the one I thought I was over may not hate me, my mind may be lost to highschool, and sign language is fun >.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey. It's been a while since my last post. Just wanted to say thanks for all the help everyone gave, and to give one more update.

Not much has changed. He still hates me, won't even look me in the eye now, and I still love him. But, up side, I'm starting to get over him slowly. It's a step by step process, you know? With my new schedule, we have different lunches, different band periods, and unless one of us strays from our normal routine, we never see each other, which does wonders to help forget someone. Not that he sees me anyway. But, thank you so much for all the support that you gave, sorry for using necromancy to revive this form (just let it die, please) and if I ever need anything else, I know this will be the first place I'll come

Archived