Personal growth, conflict :/

lonelyboy802

I'm currently in the midst of a revolution within myself, changing the way I think, bettering myself, and being more. In this quest of mine removing things that effect my life in a negative way is a step to changing.

And now the problem I may be having. I have this friend who both inspires me to be better and makes me doubt myself. I want to know I can trust myself, my feelings, but in moments of weakness I think of her romantically but I know nothing can ever happen between us. At other times I understand that fact and I respect the bounderies and value friendship over anything.

Should I give up my only friend in my quest to bettering myself, or stay friends and have her compromise all i've achieved so far.. But she's been by my side for as long as I've known her. Would it be fair to myself to put myself through periodic moments of pain and suffering if she's also one of the things that bring me the most joy?

I do apologize for this post being very vauge and unorganized but it just goes to show how much confusion and conflict this brings to me. I do have a journal and try to organize my thoughts but it's not help with this

Get a gf who is NOT her. The problem with male female friendships is that mother nature kicks in and you want to have sex with her. Now normally there would be nothing wrong with males and females doing that, but it has destroyed all the friendships. It hasn't gone 1 time right (and i've been giving advice for years) and i don't see how it would go right for you, so in my opinion i think that its better for you to have a wonderful gf in which you can express yourself romantically, and keep the other girl as a casual friend. Even if your friend would also have romantic feelings for you, if you would go into a relationship and it would have gone sour , you would lose a life long friend, as far as i have seen it has never been worth the risk. So by doing this you would be able to keep on improving yourself, while also being in sync with nature.

Archived