How do you deal?

If you have read any of my threads, you will know that my mother passed away when I was twelve years old and my father passed away almost two months ago now right before my 21st birthday. I am old enough to take care of myself, but unfortunately, I relied on my dad for shelter and food. I currently live with my sister, but I am going through rough times. Like today, my car broke down in the middle of a very busy city! My cell phone is shut off b/c I couldn't afford the payment due to moving back to my original town after my dad's death and I just got a job yesterday. My car insurance is due in 8 days and I am flat broke. I have been looking for a job since late May and I JUST got one at a fast food place. I know if my dad were still alive I wouldn't be struggling with any of this!

I feel all alone in this. The two people that care about you the most when no one else will are your parents. Mine aren't here. I LONG for parent figures. Is this normal? I really want a Father figure for some reason. I want that person that will be there for me no matter what.

Totally normal, I was 31 when my dad died and I still relied on him emotionally anyway for support. There's never a good age to lose someone you love. I felt that subliminal line go when he passed. The one that gave me a home to go to.

Archived