Need help with my grief!

Last month i lost my Grandmother through lung cancer!

I have been upset & devastated ever since even though i had time to prepare for it (coz i knew it was gonna happen!)

I was very very close to my G-Mother and i grew up with her for the first 12 years of my life and even after that she always played a close part in my life!

She died last month as i said, and i'm somewhat lost in my own grief at the moment and can't get my head around the fact that she has gone!

Has anyone any advice/words of comfort etc...?

I lost my father 4 years ago at a time that I really needed his strength and support to help me understand and deal with life. Unlike your grandma, he died of a massive heart attack which nobody saw coming!

Try and look at life from the perspective of what has this person taught me about grieving. How do i best get over this?

Take everyday slowly and keep your expectations low for a while. Don't jump into anything full force!

Try to include those around you in your feelings. They will understand. Everyone of a certain age has dealt with this, unfortunately.

Read books on greiving to see how others feel under your conditions.

Use anger to help balance out the fear and dependency which may arise.

Don't be afraid to develop into a new person, a stronger person as a result of all this.

Don't feel like I did that the length of time that you are in morning proves your love for this person.

i have something of a simeler problem with my mom, only shes not dead, shes dying of cancer, or at least she might. theyre trying to cure it, but theres a chance i'll lose her, so i somewhat know where your coming from. just do what u can. a good friend of mine died a few months ago. at first there is a big hole, but u just do what u can. dont let it stop u from doing stuff u usually would have, dont let it incapacitate you. your grandma would probably want u to carry on normaly. good luck

I do not have any real advice to give you since I have never lost anyone in my life. I cannot imagine the pain. I send my codolences and sympathy. Maybe it would help to talk to people that were close to her as well...family members??

I have heard that it helps to talk to that person aloud in privacy. Maybe you could talk to her before you go to sleep. Do not be afraid to cry. Let her know that you are sad and possibly upset that she has left you. You dont have to hold anything back. Release your feeling to her and in the processs you may understand the situation better, your feelings, and gain some closure...I hope this helps. Im so sorry for your loss.