Help!!! My son is gonna be 1 next month!

He is my first son and I'm really stupid when it comes to organizing parties. This is my first time so please help me!!! My husband has a lot of friends and he invited them and they're bringing along all their kids!

What can you guys say about Safeway cakes? How about games? I need help really badly!

I don't know about the cakes but about games, how old are all these kids? If they're all babies then I'd say it'd be easier to focus on making things fun for the adults but if there are going to be some that do need entertaining, how about things like a treasure hunt? Gets them running around looking for things. Pass the parcel is pretty easy to set up as well.

Depending on your budget, have you thought about hiring a bouncy castle or something? I don't know how much they tend to be but I gather they're popular

Never tried their cakes although I find Costco/BJ's/Sam's cake taste much better than the regular grocery store.

For our daughter we had cake and just let the kids run amok. If they're all around the same age they pretty much entertain themselves. If any other kids are older, this thread might give you an idea too to keep them entertained as well!

Hi! My son Landon turned 1 in March and we had a great party. He is my only son, so I'm very new at this too!! Here is what I did. I went on this website and ordered the whole Baby Sesame Street party package. With the banner, the candles, the decorations, the plates, silverware, cups, finger puppets, the works. I also ordered the Big Bird and Elmo air walkers (you will need a helium tank $16 at Target or Walmart to blow them up) and they were a big hit. I had all ages kids there. From 1 year to 16. definitely do a pinata. I ordered the Elmo one from this site and I ordered the filler toys and candy for it. The kids loved it!! I also ordered an Elmo cake for all of us and I got a Baby Elmo cake for Landon to do his cake smash.

Here is the site:

link removed

Since Landon is so young, I tried to make the party only about 2 to 3 hours long. Because he got tired very easily and I ended up putting him to bed before everyone left. Lol I ordered pizzas, had them delivered and just did a pizza party. Every one ate, watched Landon opened presents, then we did the cake smash and cut his other cake. Then the kids smashed the pinata. After that, I was done. lol

Dont make it some huge long drawn out party because the younger ones will get very bored. Make it 2 to 3 hours and keep things moving. You'll be fine!

For our daughter we had cake and just let the kids run amok. If they're all around the same age they pretty much entertain themselves.

Same. My son slept through half of his, while the other babies played with his presents lol.

If you have access to a garden, I'd use it. Some outside toys/water pistols, a cake, picnic food, music and a shaded area for seating. Job done.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone!

The kids are a lot older than him. Around 5-8 year olds. We tought of renting outdoor play stuff and do some games. We do have the pinata. The problem is that there are a lot of vistors coming. So far there's gonna be 60!!! Half of them are kids! They are all very close to us so we had to invite them. We are on a tight budget but we really want everyone to enjoy my son's special day.

What other games can you suggest?

Archived