I fingered my cousin now what

Most of the Royals married first cousins too.
And I am a blood decendent of one such union My Uncle (Mothers brother) Married my half sister (same dad) What does that fall under? My grandparaents, after getting married, found out that there remaining parents on both side, also got married a few years later (after the grands) What does that fall under?

While there have been lots of informative and educational factoids on cousin marriges resulting from this post, let us not forget that that was not exactly the topic. the point here is that we have a confused kid who has just commited a sexual act with his cousin and wants advice. You know, when I was little, my cousin and I did "play doctor" and I believe there was an incident of "I'll show you mine if you show me yours," which I am relatively sure is quite a common happening with little kids of the opposite sex, just wanting to know about differences and so forth. However, I wasn't a teenager at the time! Bottom line, it's normal to have a lot of confusion and sexual feelings during adolescence that you are trying to sort out, and maybe you are just looking for a handy partner to answer your newfound needs. However, this situation could get pretty messy. It is ALWAYS best to have sexual encounters with someone in a committed relationship, and it's not easy or wise to have one with a family member. Do you really want your friends and family to know about this? I'm pretty sure you'd be an outcast, and when you grow up, you're going to be REALLY embarrassed about it (good luck at family reunions)! My BEST advice is nip this habit in the bud. Sexual experiences will come in time between you and another girl you ARE NOT related to, and that will be best for EVERYBODY! Good luck, and please consider stopping that behavior.

It is ALWAYS best to have sexual encounters with someone in a committed relationship,

Why? Because our current views on sex say so. There is no logic to this, infact the opposite should be true. With all of the problems in realtionships that are caused by sex, or the lack of sex, wouldnt it make sense to learn and fingure your things before you get into a serious realtionship?. I'm not saying that things shouldnt be explored in a realtionship, nor that thigns shouldt be learned, but the more knowledge you have before you get into one the better. Immagine if you knew what you know now when you had your first boyfriend/girlfriend or your first sexual encounter.

and it's not easy or wise to have one with a family member.
Your right, it wouldnt be easy, but why woudlnt it be wise?. Isn't the current view of society that the easy way isnt always the best way?. One hundred years ago, it wasnt easy or wise to have a realtionship with a black person if you were white. In fact, it was probally more dangerious than having a realtionship with your cousin!. Times change, and taking the easy and wise way does not change them.

Do you really want your friends and family to know about this? I'm pretty sure you'd be an outcast, and when you grow up, you're going to be REALLY embarrassed about it

Your family and friends wont find out if you dont tell them. I'm sure the two of you are old enough to keep secrets. And if you both agree to it, then you might be embarased, but you will be embarased together, and you will get over it. Especially if the realtionship between the two of you progresses.

Sexual experiences will come in time between you and another girl you ARE NOT related to, and that will be best for EVERYBODY!

Again, why does it have to be someone your not realted too. Looking at it from a point of view that doesnt take morals, or society into account, the best person to experianent with should be family. For the most part, who else is more forgiving, knows you better, and will likely always be a prt of your life than family. The primary reason a family exists, is to teach and learn.

Bottom line, is if you feel that you have done something wrong, then you should stop, but examine why you think it's wrong, and make sure thoes reason are your own.

If you dont think it's wrong, than carfully persue it, make sure that your cousin is ok with it, and have fun. Sex is fun if both peopel consent, and it will only be as complicated as you make it, or as complicated as you let others make it.

Just A Teen, if you truly believe that, than could you please support your views?

Give us some reason, or something other that, its wrong, gross and messed up.

I understand your only fourteen. But if you think your old enough to have views, then you should be old enough to be able to express them in a more detailed way.

dude he's only 14 and he's got better intuition than you do. Most normal people have the instinct to naturally know having sex with a family member is gross without even need to be explained why.

"the best person to experianent with should be family."

So you have no problem with having sex with your mother?

If you really need the "details" in order to be able to understand this, here it is just for you. 1. Genetic diversity increases the chances of a group of organisms' survival upon environmental change, 2. Mating with a close relative increases the chances of a disease causing recessive gene to be expressed and causes the offspring to die more easily.

So you see, over a few million years, the people that are repulsed by fuc.king their own family had better chances of survival, and the people that felt it was ok to fu.ck their family were put at disadvantage and gradually die out. This is called evolution, which left most of us with the repulsion to mate with close relatives.

so that's why it's gross for most of us, just like why we think s.hit is gross, because no good can come from being close to s.hit, so that our instinct tells us that it stinks to protect us so that we would naturally move away from it. Our instinct tells us the same thing about having sex with family

Yea, you brought up the insticnt argument.

Our "instincts" also tell us that being attracted to the same sex is gross. Most guys are turned off by seing two guys having sex. Why? Because for our bodies, having sex is a means to reproduce and carry on the species, and two guys or two girls having sex does not produce offspring.

Does that mean that being gay or lesbian is wrong? Some people believe it is, but society is slowly starting to accept it, we are slowly learning that we can change our instincts, and that they don''t rule us.

As for your genitic diversity argument, you used the wrong terms.

" Mating with a close relative increases the chances of a disease causing recessive gene to be expressed and causes the offspring to die more easily."

1. Disease doen't cause an increased chance of their being a recesive gene.

2. The increased chance is only present in direct realtionships, either parent, child, or brother, sister.

3. For this increase to make even the slightest bit of difference, there would have to be at least five generations of offspring consived from two close realitivies.

The human race is diversifed enough that any child born from a family realtionship would have a very very increased chance of receiving a recessive gene, or a recessive genitic disorder. If you know how, run a simple halfing probality study, shouldnt take more than ten minutes. Assume that a given trait A. has two variants, A1 and A2, and two types mA and fA. With A1 being recessive, and A2 being dommint. Now multiply thoes together, giving the following rules. A1 * A1 = A1, A1*A2 = A2, and A2*A2=A2. Each time the equation is rerun, assume that the decline is exactaly one half.

After running this scenario, you will eaisly see that it will take a minium of five generations to even change the likely hood of receiving an A1 or double resessive by even .2%. Comebine this with the fact that, the recline rate in a real case would be much less than 1/2 because of genetic diversity.

Finally, as for the comment about having sex with my mother. No I would not, but my reasons are valid, and my arguments sound. If I had grown up in the right environment, and had open minded parents, then it would be a possibility.

My point is, that I'm not repulsed by the idea of having sex with my mother simply because it's gross.

hm.. I don't think it's against the law to finger your cousin. it's against the law to MARRY one. I think it might be against the law to have sex with them but I'm not sure, it's not really anything I have to be concerned with. but anyhow I think in some states even marrying your cousin is legal.. (Kansas?)

Actually it depends on the Area and religion, In europe at least it isnt illegal for cousins. The catholic and anglican churches actually gives dispinsations for 1st cousins to marry, 2nd and sistant cousins dont need this dispinsation. Probably different in the USA though.

• 4 years later...
OK people he didnt say ANYTHING about marrying or having sex or having kids with his cuz. Goddamn. Can you not read? Seriously I feel bad for this kid cuz yall are givin him stupid ass answers. W/e Im out. LaTa.

Whateverrrrr like what you just said was TOTALLY not necessary, kayyyy??

Calm down, child.

Don't lose your temper on here, nobody cares.

I'm outttt!! Peaceee!! :splat:

It's illegal to marry your cousin?

Sheesh, that's the whole Royal family in prison, then!!

What kind of law allows you to marry and not have kids?? And how do people know these days if they're related or not, with test tube babies here, there and everywhere?

haha - just spotted this thread is five years old. Wonder what happened to them? Is he still around? Would be good to hear!