Does a tattoo mean he won't cheat again?

Does he say that he won't? Does he promise that he won't?

It says something about how sincere he is now. He must believe that he won't do it again. Whether or not he will cheat is another question.

either that or he just likes the look of your name.

I think only time can tell what he will do.

Getting a tattoo by itself really doesn't mean much, people will do desperate/stupid things when they want to hold onto something.

I would definetly look towards his actions in the future to see if he is sincere. Not just having her name emblazoned on his body

If he just did it, without actually consulting the person whose name he was tattooing... To be honest, Id say hes a bit up himself.

He could get a number of other things tattoooed (something he and his girl would both know and was special to them) that would be personal and between the two of you.

Getting a name tattooed seems to me a bit like notching the bedpost... unless of course this was a completely 100% serious spend the rest of our lifes together no doubt situation. Which it doesn't sound like if he has cheated. A ring, or a holiday away, or special night...

A tattoo seems to me like its more for him that her.

Then again..... if the girl always wanted that and he knew it, or was really into tattoos maybe the situation would be different. I'm just relating from the people I know.

xxx

Maybe he is trying to prove something to himself.

Ie hes thinking "wow I really screwed up and I could have lost my loved one and I never want to get tempted to do that again"

That way the tattoo is a constant reminder to himself of his new commitment to you.