Revealing my feeling for this girl I like in a letter.

I really like this girl, (as seen from my previous posting) but now she went off for the summer and I never told her directly how I felt. I can't contact her over the phone because she doesn't have reception, but I was thinking of writing her a nice letter that tells her exactly how I feel about her. Is this bad or good? It is also her birthday so I really am writing the letter to first wish her a happy birthday.

yes poetry is good. Shakespeare could never hurt. Lemme see what I have from romeo and juliet.

Dang drawing some blanks on what to put into that won't offend. But here is 2 that you could use on a date. But do clerify if she likes shakespeare / poetry.

When you see her again:

Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight!

For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.

[ Ne'er pronounced (nay er) ]

After the night has drawn to and end, use this before the kiss atempt:

If I profane with my unworthiest hand (reach for her hand)

This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this: (pull her close with her hand)

My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand (if she pulls back, go for hand)

To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.

Course your gonna have to learn to pull some shakespeare quotes alot, but its the best thing my ex got me hooked into.

How old is this girl? And how is it you have her address, but cant call her? Im not a fan of the letter thing. Most of the time when a guy pours his heart out to a girl in a letter it ends up in disaster. If you're going to send the card, then I'd go ahead and do the letter, but I wouldnt go in depth with it. Anything deeper than an "I miss having you around or write me sometime" and you're just setting yourself up.

A letter? How romantic! Any guy who takes his time out to write a letter, shows that he's willing to put in an 'effort' to show me how he feels. Actions speak louder than words. If you want to win a girl's trust, I think that a letter is one of the best ways to prove it. It's more reassuring that way. It shows that a guy's also got a sensitive side, in which most girls like. My ex's wrote me letters. It meant more than anything. One in particular, wrote me a letter, when we both barely knew each other. I think that was one of the most 'comforting' presents I ever received from a guy. Especially if you deck it out with decorations, and a small present (teddy bear). That's even better. Go for it pal! Good LucK! Mahlina

If you are dripping with heart-felt emotion and need to let it out, go for it. If you don't care what her response is, go for it.

If the girl happens to be attracted to you already and generally likes you, this may work.

But if you merely care for her and want to see where it goes, don't write her that kind of letter -- she may enjoy receiving it, she may treasure it, and she'll likely share it as a "sweet" thing with the next guy she dates (who won't be you).

It sucks that you have to write her instead of calling (that may clue you in as to what she thinks generally -- there are no phones available to her? She didn't take your number?). If you have to write, make it fun and light, show her you're a good time and a cool guy -- and then figure out how to go out with her.

No, do NOT do the letter thing, don't pour your guts out to her, you want her to chase you ... no love letters until you are "really dating" for over 6 months ... and only if she has said she loves you first ... otherwise, she'll dump you like a hot potatoe, no girl will keep a "mushy" guy around, even if they say they like it, because over the long run it gets old ... no challenge.

l8r