He pressed/touched both sides of 'halsslagader' still feels sore after a week.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Babylon Dutch-English Dictionary halsslagader"

carotid, either of two large arteries which carry blood to the head

OP, if it still hurts then I'm guessing there is some bruising. You should probably see a doctor. It's free you know.

Oh okay, thanks.

Yes, you should just go see a doctor. How hard did he press it? What happened?

Babylon Dutch-English Dictionary halsslagader"

carotid, either of two large arteries which carry blood to the head

OP, if it still hurts then I'm guessing there is some bruising. You should probably see a doctor. It's free you know.

It's not for free. What's bruising.

Can't you type a bit more ?? Finally someone 'I know' who's online.

All you guys'messages makes me feel worse thus far to be honest. Though I'm very happy I at least do have people reacting.

How are we making you feel worse? You need to express yourself better. You type one sentence and expect us to magically know the answer. If it's about your health, go to the doctor.

I thought both the Netherlands and Belgium had socialized medicine. Regardless, if it's your health at stake then try to find the $$ to see a professional

Belgium does have a good health system, but going to the doctor isn't for free, that's true.

BelgianGirl,

Did he do this on purpose to hurt you? Or was it something that happened by mistake?

I think the first but am not sure. My first thought he was going to pace another 'zuigvlek' (= sucking spot; sucking around a blood nerve under the skin so a bglue (well, coloring into different colors of course during the days) spot shows up. This b/c it's 'romantical' and to leave a mark for days to remind of you (well, I think that's te general reason).

Belgium does have a good health system, but going to the doctor isn't for free, that's true.

People tell me the Dutch health system is way better.

Here, it has been for free for a while for me there I have very high medical costs all the time why I receive the lowest income to live from b/c I'm too ill to work or study. But they recently changed it into that I have to pay it fw to the State.

BelgianGirl

Are you in any pain, and is your neck bruised (purple in color)?

Pain, yes. Am lying down often. Felt asleep after last night's last post. Am pretty sure there's no color but I'll check. Tnx a lot for translating. I couldn't make it to look up at a dictionairy yesterday. All I wanted was to reduce having pain by lying down. Keeping my head not straight up helps a lot too. That's what I 'm doing when I'm not lying down.

Besides seeing a doctor, shouldn't you think about reporting this to the police? I mean, it sounds pretty threatening to me (cutting off the blood flow), and not "romantic" at all. Something just doesn't sound right here, but maybe that's just me.

I think the first but am not sure. My first thought he was going to pace another 'zuigvlek' (= sucking spot; sucking around a blood nerve under the skin so a bglue (well, coloring into different colors of course during the days) spot shows up. This b/c it's 'romantical' and to leave a mark for days to remind of you (well, I think that's te general reason).

This sounds like it might be what we know as a "hickey" in English, which is not dangerous and can last 4-12 days. However due to language barrier I am not 100% sure this is what you mean.

Archived