Wife wants a separation so she can date, but does not want a divorce

zen2001

And you are missing my point. It is true that there are always two sides to a story but asking questions about possible addictions is like asking him if he abused her, or whether he cheated, or whether he is a child molester.

I don't know if you have an issue with this particular poster but I think it was insulting and inappropriate to ask a question with that degree of specificity when there is no indication whatsoever in the original post that he has such a problem. As to whether she meant what she said - how is he supposed to know? He obviously thought she meant it and that should be good enough.

I am not surprised the OP has not returned.

Are you working? In what way does she feel like you have stopped doing special things for her? Do you have any addictions or anything that is causing you to lose the focus on your wife and family?

These were my exact words...the addictions question was just one of many questions I asked..it wasn't the main focus. I hardly doubt my post was the reason for him not returning since everyone else has told him he is right and she is wrong. I think it is very important to know the context and often by asking probing questions to a poster you pull out of them other parts of the story so that you end up with a clearer picture that may be quite different than what was originally posted.

Archived