Hey I am about to go on a trip for 2 and a half months and I am so scared leaving my bf behind I am so worried that I would be destricatedI am going to my parents home town and early in the year my mom was telling that I should be with this guy from there and I am so worried that something might happen my parents forcing me to be with this guy or not being able to do what I want I love my bf so much but I feel so much pressure from my parents and I am going to do anything I can to not be around guys b/c i dont want them to think that I am free.......but I need more advice how do i let the guys know that I am not intrested without embarrassing my parents by telling them that I love and dating someone else........plez help me

may

Hi May,

Some of the answers your looking for may depend on how long you've been dating your b/f and how he feels about your going away for the summer. It might also be good idea for you to keep an open mind while on this trip, as it could turn out to be pretty special. I'm sure your parents are looking out for your best interest & happiness, and sometimes other's can see certain things in a clearer perspective and they may have their own reasons for wanting you to meet other people. Do they like your b/f?

I wouldn't worry too much about whether the guys will know you're single or in a relationship. You might as well make new friends while your there, enjoy doing things with them and as you spend time with them the fact that you're seeing someone from home will probably come up in the conversation. It's ok to tell them that you'd like to be friends, but not looking for anything more at this time.

Enjoy your trip,

Woobiegirl...

What??? How do your parents force you to hook up with somebody you dont want to? And how would you embarrass your parents by telling these guys that you're not interested in them? You're 19yrs old. Do you let your parents make all your decisions for you? And what the hell does "destricated" mean? I dont have my dictionary with me.

i know what you mean but i love him so much and i dont want to screw anything up..

may

Do you not have any self control? Have you ever heard of the words "no" or "I have a boyfriend"?? We need more girls like you in this world. No guy would ever get rejected or be alone, so there would be no need for forums like this.

yeah i know what u mean i have self control.......and i am going to manage my life and keep the attitude i have....and just let everything lie in the stars.....he is even the only guy who said he will wait for me until i am done university.....i love him

may

I do have a suggestion. If i were the guy i would want to know about the situation despite your parents wanting to get him hook up with you. He's just a human being and probably doesn't want any hassle in your part if he has respect for you. In fact, after you met with him and told him about your situation, i don't even think you need to tell your parents that you have a boyfriend (that is to tell the guy to keep a secret for you from your parents). Do you know what i mean?

Wearing a ring would just piss your parents off, but if it seemed as if the guy gave up on you, u wouldn't even need to give an excuse to your parents.

The guy, and i assumed, doesn't know you? so he probably doesn't have deep feelings for you yet. What you can do though, is to offer friendship and only friendship but by all cost, do not send ANY message that gives him a sense that he has a chance.

-----------------------------------------------------------

You replied my post so i reply to yours