menstrual cup...like diva cup

I have been toying around about getting a 'menstrual cup' for about a year now. I'm not sure why I haven't just gotten one since they aren't that expencive- I guess b/c its mail order?

Who has experience with these?

I am frustrated with the current products/tampons/pads. I switched to using OB because I prefer how they are shorter and more 'environmentally friendly' since there is no plastic applicator (refuse to use those now) and no applicator at all.

But tampons are STILL uncomfortable for me- walking around is generally fine, but when I am exercising and specifically riding horses- you can feel it in there and it's not pleasant. And uhg using a pad while exercising is just...not preferred.

SO let me know!

I have used a "keeper" for 12 years or so and I like it. I just don't like bloody fingers when I'm emptying and reinserting it, but I guess you'd have the same problem with OB? I just flood like crazy.

You may feel the "stem" of the cup some.Sometimes I am aware of it, most of the time I'm not. I like the frugality and environmental friendliness of the keeper. I also use cloth pads/rags.

I never used the Diva cup, but I have been using Instead cups since 1997 and would never want to live without them link removed They are all I use. I hate pads and tampons.

You can't feel them and you can also have sex while you have one in. They are disposable.

I absolutely love mine. Best invention ever tbh. Saves money and the environment, and you don't feel a thing. Also I found with tampons I would get a lower abdominal ache after a few hours, and pads were uncomfortable, so the cup was a clear out winner. If you have the cup in right you don't feel it at all.

However if you have an aversion to poking about inside yourself and bloody fingers it's not good. But if you're comfortable with that kind of stuff it is definitely work getting, it's absolutely amazing imo.

tnmom66 , you can cut off the stem if it irritates you; that's what I've done. I don't use it for removal/insertion, actually sticking your fingers in works a lot better and is a lot more uncomfortable, and I just found the stem got in the way.

However if you have an aversion to poking about inside yourself and bloody fingers it's not good. But if you're comfortable with that kind of stuff it is definitely work getting, it's absolutely amazing imo.

haha nah, at this point I don't really care. I am so sick of tampons, I don't like the idea of having cotton and all that up there for so long. I had a scary experience with tampons this past summer anyway, so I'm really wanting something new. Plus having used the applicator-less tampons for sometime, there doesn't seem to be much difference.

I just ordered one, figure it's worth the $25 to see. And I'll keep in mind cutting off the stem.

Archived