She doesn't appreciate anything I do

I am so glad you clarified the situation. I started to run with the idea that your dad was your sister’s babydaddy. And with that I figured that your family has bigger issues than who babysits!

I think it is great that you are helping to take care of your little brother. I did too. But ultimately he is your mother’s responsibility. You should be helping, but not taking the full load.

Now if you are upset because you are taking on MORE of a load than your sister, you need to talk to your mom about it. If mom doesn't resolve the issue, let it go.

And by the way, this may be news to you, but your sister is only your sister. She can't boss you around anymore. Talk to your mom about this. Next time she tries to tell you that you can't go for a walk...walk out the door.

OK wait. I got it. You don't have an issue with your sister. You've got an issue with your stepmom right?

Please...dear lord...let that be the explaination!

Haha okay, me and my sister share a mom, not a dad. She doesn't have a baby, my Mom does. My Mom [and a bit of my sister...] are the people I have an issue with =/

OK. Got it! Whew! I thought we had a Jerry Springer episode going on here! It’s rough when the issue is mom because she actually does have power over you. How about this, you’ve only got three more years of this crap (motivation to do well in school and go off to college!). In the meantime your little brother obviously needs you. Maybe just suck up and do what you have to do to make sure he’s taken care of.

And of course, come on here and vent all you want. It really doesn’t seem fair. And, my god I hate to use this phrase…but…life sometimes isn’t fair.

OK. Got it! Whew! I thought we had a Jerry Springer episode going on here! It’s rough when the issue is mom because she actually does have power over you. How about this, you’ve only got three more years of this crap (motivation to do well in school and go off to college!). In the meantime your little brother obviously needs you. Maybe just suck up and do what you have to do to make sure he’s taken care of.

And of course, come on here and vent all you want. It really doesn’t seem fair. And, my god I hate to use this phrase…but…life sometimes isn’t fair.

Life isn't fair... the most hated yet truthful quote.... and I wan't to be a pre-k teacher, so I'm... at least somewhat motivated. She puts way too much pressure on everyone...

Archived