So it's been 6 weeks since my partner of 7 years and mother of my 2 fantastic kids split up with me after she had been cheating on me with our next door neighbour. She's now fully moved in with him, infact she'd moved in less than 2 weeks after I left, she has given up the house we shared and pretty much everything is a done deal.

went to remove the last of my belongings from our house last week and it actually felt good. The strange thing is that it's not been 2 months yet but I feel like I have moved on a million miles since we split, I haven't been depressed or sad, even the thought of her being with him doesn't bother me anymore, I don't feel jealous or angry or bitter I just feel content and it's not something I ever expected to feel so soon.

My relationship with my ex had been in trouble for some time and had she not have cheated I firmly believe we'd have still broken up in the near future, infact I wish I'd have left her on the many occasions I felt like doing it last year.

It is true about the saying that time is a great healer, so if you're going through a rough patch and feel down just try and hang onto the thought that one day in the future you will come out of it a stronger and better person than you were when it all started, time really does help, you just have to be patient.

be careful though, this contentment may actually just be shock or numbness.

I'm glad you got out of what proved to be a bad relationship and i hope that you can continue to see eachother on a friends basis for the sake of your children. really refreshing to see a nice positive thread here though

Archived