Should I move in with my one good girlfriend? I don't trust anyone else...

vaporleak

So my current living situation is about to end and I need to think about how I can afford to live, and really, I can only do it with a roommate. If it was just me I would just get a room somewhere and save up, but I have a cat and that means I have to trust the people I'm living with to be respectful and not abuse him. I have no faith in people when it comes to animals, so this is a huge issue to room with a stranger.

Anyway, my friend is so nice, full time job, responsible, sometimes moody, but overall very social, doesn't get trashed, and isn't the type to get jealous of me or her I. She also isn't from around here, so she travels to visit other friends and family a lot, which is a huge bonus to have those kind of breaks. I've had friends as roommates in college, and that ended with us not speaking again. That was also sharing one single room, this would be an apartment situation. I need input here! The other option is to move in with the guy I'm dating, he's offered twice now, but my gut is telling me it's a bad idea. Any advice would help. Thanks.

Mind listing the cons of living with her as well as the pros and cons of living with your boyfriend? What exactly in your gut is telling you it's a bad idea to move with him? Further, he's offered to let you move in, but is that rent-free or split rent (neither is necessarily better than the other but it helps put things in perspective)?

just as your experience, the only qualms i'd have about moving in with a friend would be ruining your friendship by living in such close quarters (happened with me and a college roommate too). but then again, sharing an apt might be a bit different than sharing a single room. also if she's not there for periods of time, that should also help alleviate that worry. and you have to live with someone you can trust.

If you get a room for rent, often you can get a place where you can lock your bedroom door and you can have the cat in there with the litterbox, etc when you are not home.

There ARE people who love animals. You might find a place with someone who loves animals and has an existing cat. Look in roommate ads or get a place and advertise for a roommate

Archived