worried about having an STD

It has been about 5 months since I had sex with this girl. I have not gotten sick or anything or noticed any kind of outbreak. How long does it take for herpes to appear? What are the odds that I could have gotten HIV?

It's been 5 months, and I would suggest you would have seen symptoms by now. If you are concerned, then I would go see a doctor, or a free sexual health clinic (if they have those near you). Get some tests done and ease your mind.

As for, how long does it take herpes to appear, it can be two weeks, it can be years and in some people it doesn't show at all.

It's been 5 months? Go get tested now, put your mind at ease. This is nothing to take lightly. With a lot of STDs, the longer you wait, the worse they become.

The chances of contracting HIV while wearing a condom decrease significantly but, like anything, there is still a chance.

Get tested!!!!!!!!!

I have a guy friend who went and got tested for HIV after he had unprotected sex with this one girl he slept with. He was clear on his first test but they asked him to come bak 6 months later to get tested again. If you have it, it will usually appear around the 6 month mark. So for a peace of mind, go get tested now.

I had sex a few months ago with this girl who is supposedly notorious for being a * * * * . . I am paranoid. What are the odds that I could ahve gotten something even when I used a condom?

Very small, especially since you haven't produced symptoms, which you likely would have if you'd caught herpes. Get yourself tested if you're worried about it.

I used a condom, did not do oral or even finger her

and pick up your game

Haha...

I refuse to do oral on a girl I don't know...could easily contract something from that right? It's not like there is a condom for my tongue.

Who are you sleeping with?? If you won't do certain things with women because you're afraid of contracting something, maybe you should sleep with women you know and trust--women whose sexual history you are actually familiar with!--not women you fear may be infested with something.

No harm meant, just having a laugh

I refuse to do oral on a girl I don't know...could easily contract something from that right? It's not like there is a condom for my tongue.

In a word, no, at least, not easily. Herpes, you can risk catching during an outbreak. The "others", there is a remote chance if you have an open sore in your mouth, but it is (from my subjective point of view) not worth worrying about. But that's just me, and I'm no doctor.

On a side note, yes, there is a condom for your tongue. But... image removed

image removed

image removed

Yeah, doesn't exactly lend itself to romance...

Who are you sleeping with?? If you won't do certain things with women because you're afraid of contracting something, maybe you should sleep with women you know and trust--women whose sexual history you are actually familiar with!--not women you fear may be infested with something.

Nobody that I don't atleast know somewhat. Truth be told I have only been with 3 people. And one was my gf of 4 years and I knew her, her sexual history, etc before I did. I'm probably not the type that would just go pick up a girl at a bar and sleep with her that night. Just not my thing.

Archived