Can one fall-in-love easily, because one is on a Love Boat?

friendsoulmate

I have never been on an ocean cruise ship before. Do you believe a single stranger person can easily fall-in-love with another single stranger person of the opposite sex, whom they just met, on an ocean cruise ship, also known as a Love Boat? Is there something mysterious about a Titanic or a Queen Mary, that causes people to suddenly become dumber and fall-in-love easily(without drinking, of course).

Meh, I think it's more a matter of that the environment is so conducive to hooking up and meeting people. They make it so easy; if there is any part of a person wanting to, it's there. Singles meet-ups. So many different activities and people on vacation all in one place.

BTW, as a kid I used to love the show "love boat" and even had the toy. lol. Totally a tangeant, but this made me think of that show and it's theme song....Love, exciting and newwwww....

Well, I'm not so sure about a cruise ship, but I will tell you this. I was went out with this guy a month ago. Turns out that we have some stuff in common, and felt like that the conversation was going great. I felt an instant attraction and that rarley happens for me. I felt that I was getting to close to him and did end up getting hurt. And I knew before I didnt want a relationship. So I tried to avoid him and getting him out of my mind so it be easier for me to move on with. So I didnt want to get to close bc if I did I knew I would fall for him and I didnt want too. So i'm trying to keep my options open for the time being. It would had been alot harder for me to let go of even if I did and didnt want to fall for him. I knew in the back of my mind something felt right from the momment we met but I dont know about him.

Meh, I think it's more a matter of that the environment is so conducive to hooking up and meeting people. They make it so easy; if there is any part of a person wanting to, it's there. Singles meet-ups. So many different activities and people on vacation all in one place.

BTW, as a kid I used to love the show "love boat" and even had the toy. lol. Totally a tangeant, but this made me think of that show and it's theme song....Love, exciting and newwwww....

I always thought it would be neat to be Jule McCoy...but later on I found out that the actress who played her had a really bad drug problem and that is why they eventually got rid of her.

As for falling in love on a cruise....many people "fall in love" with someone they met for 5 minutes on vacation. Most of those relationships fall to pieces within months after the vacation is over. They try to keep the magic going but if it is long distance it eventually fizzles out. When you meet someone on vacation you are in the fantasyland (or Fantasy Island!) of vacation time where your real life is put on the back burner. Once you get back to your real life, the vacation fades into the background and so ultimately does the relationship. Vacation romances are mostly about fantasy and hooking up...very rarely are they grounded in reality. Having said that, I know two couples from one of my bus tours who met on tour and ended up getting married. That was over 20 years ago and I never kept in touch with those people so I don't know how everything worked out and if they are still together.

Well... look at all those single people on The Bachelor or Bachelorette...

I think spending an intense amount of time with someone in some really romantic locales can certainly give someone the butterflies... AND perhaps you meet someone who measures well in your ideals... AND they feel the same attraction for you... INSTANT LOVE!

Unfortunately on a cruise you are probably only seeing that person at their best and we all know to truly love someone you have to be able to love them at their worst as well... so a lasting love connection would be rare... but they do happen... think about the number of stories where people married after knowing each other less than 6 weeks and 45+ yr later are still married... but they don't happen everyday.

It's likely to be rare that two people on a cruise ship would fall in a love and extend their relationship to life beyond the cruise ship. A friend of mine who lives in NYC, a singer, met his wife while on a cruise ship gig on the Mediterranean.

Archived