I love my Relationship!

Fudgie

Hey everyone! I'm new here.

I'm currently involved with a much older man and things are going great...I've yet to tell my parents but I have dated an older guy in the past and my father knew and he was fine with it. My parents are very accepting. I'm just waiting for the right moment.

I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 57, about to be 58 in late spring. We've been together for a while now and things are great with us. We have a very open, loving relationship and can talk about anything! We both have some health problems and we support each other...it's wonderful. We both are hardworking, are homebodies, love to read, and have low sex drives (him because of his age, me because of medications/hormone problems). Alternatively, I'm also infertile and will not be able to have (nor do I want) children so I'm really glad that I've found a man who has the same interests and life preferences as I do. It's truly great and I'm SO thankful.

We're both really sarcastic and are always laughing. I feel like he challenges me to be a better person and that's why I love him.

Anyway, I just thought that I would introduce myself. I hope to be around to offer help/support in the age gap section as well as others too...and also to get help for things that I'm concerned about!

It's great to be here.

• 2 weeks later...

Fudgie:

May I add my good wishes to you both. May you be very happy.

I posted under the "18 and 56" thread about one of my aunts who married a man 30 years her senior. They were very happy, and had five children!!.

All the best

Hermes

Man some of those older guys still have the groove!.

Are you referring to the phsyical aspect of the relationship? To me, from what I've read on here atleast, that women who are younger in a relationship with older men tend to want to be fulfilled emotionally/intellectually over physically.

Or I could be wrong about that.

Congrats on your relationship Fudgie, I have appreciated your wisdom you have given not only to me but to alot of other members on this board.

When MD Geist said that older guys "have the groove", I kind of laughed. My boyfriend and I get along very well on many levels, emotionally, intellectually, everything. Physically, we mesh too because he's older with low libido, and I have some health problems that require meds that take away mine too. He's struggled with relationships with women his own age because he couldn't keep up sexually (many are still sexually active!). I couldn't keep up with guys my own age. It's kind of weird but it worked out well.

Thanks DerektheDomino I'm happy to be here to help

Are you referring to the phsyical aspect of the relationship? To me, from what I've read on here atleast, that women who are younger in a relationship with older men tend to want to be fulfilled emotionally/intellectually over physically.

Or I could be wrong about that.

Congrats on your relationship Fudgie, I have appreciated your wisdom you have given not only to me but to alot of other members on this board.

It's true that the emotional and intellectual side is more important of us age gappers, but it doesn't mean we don't still want the fun too. ; )

• 5 months later...

Hi open,

Wow, this is a very old thread of mine that you have resurrected. I am no longer a "new" member as I state in this thread, LOL. I do have the same bf though.

No, he's not rich. In fact, I am the one who is rich, since I come from a well-off family. He is middle class. He doesn't buy me expensive gifts or take me shopping, unless it's grocery shopping. I would be awfully silly if I were dating him for the money since I have access to more than he does and could probably find a wealthy man elsewhere. *giggle*

For example, I am seeing him this weekend and then some. I drink Slimfast for breakfast and he told me he bought me a small case of it, all chilled and ready to do, and when I get there, we're going to have hot veggie soup. I can't wait.

I go to a school with a lot of kids in my situation: from wealthy families who could probably buy me lots of cool crap. I'm not interested. That's not love. If I want cool crap, I'll buy it myself. for love, I just want a good companion who understands me and makes me a better person. My bf does that for me.

BTW, I know he's not into me for my money either. He won't let me spend anything on him and it was a long time into our relationship before I talked about my family's status and such. By then, he was already with me. He honestly doesn't care.

Archived